Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Hello

I am just finishing an SEO job for one of our main clients.

I instructed our designer to use basic html for all the important pages I have optimised for, the core and long tail phrases.

He has just shown me the finished site, all the pages are php even the ones I specifically asked to be HTML.

Q: does Google and the like index and rank php pages the same as HTML or will I have to get the designer to redo the main pages as basic HTML?

Everyone's thoughts, opinions, and experiences are much appreciated.

Best regards

Member #
    It won't make any difference. Search engines don't care about extensions really, they just care about the final output of the page after all server-side processing is complete.

Here's a good resource: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/dont-e...urls-with-exe/

Member #
    It would not be a problem. All the search engines care about are the finished products. It wont matter even if its ASP, PHP, HTML, HTM, or any other extension.

Member #
    I agree with them. It doesn't matter what extension it is.

But in terms on the Java Script code, it's better to put it after the header so that it easy to be read by the SE's.

Remove Ads