Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I have about 5 websites. After I started my first website, as the host (i.e. godaddy) allowed multiple domains hosted under the hosting plan, I am now hosting my other websites under the same hosting plan as well.
    Now I almost quit using the primary site I started and using the other sites I stared later. So the main sites I am concerned with are the ones I started later. All I am displaying on my first site now is links to my other few sites.
    My question is, does this affect search engine ranking negatively as the second site which is my main site now? Because it is not the primary domain on the hosting. Should I open a separate hosting account for it? Or make it primary domain? I afraid if I do that I will need to modify code (not sure).
    Also, if I place links between my sites, as they are hosted under the same hosting location, is that a negative for SEO?

Member #
    if you have completely different domains for each it does not matter, but if you are using sub-domains I'm not quite sure if this will have adverse effects. Google is not really concerned about how you host your site. We host all of our clients' sites on one server, if we take one down it will have no effect on the others as they are all on different domains.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

gdc
    Member #
    google can tell if all of your sites are hosted by the same ISP. Because you are using one to link all the others it almost looks like a spam farm. I'm not sure if this is a bad idea in your case as you are only linking 5 sites though.

Banned
    Member #
    Hosting and SEO no relation and SEO based on the domain and its content. But host in some baned set of IP will cause bad effect for site.

Member #
    Make sure that non of your 5 websites copy each other or have a lot of the same content - this includes tittles, content, etc. This will get your sites banned from google.

Remove Ads