Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This thread continues a train of thought from another thread:

http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=30229

I recently launched a site: http://couponsdealuxe.com and I'm wondering what the best strategy is for targeting the keywords with anchor text. For example, if I am targeting the single keywords "coupons" and "deals" and I use the following anchor text:

"Coupons or Deals"

does Google pick up on both "Coupons" and "Deals" from that anchor or does it only see "Coupons or Deals" as a whole? Would it be better to target the two keywords separately?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The answer is that search engines will read both keywords, but the other words will decrease your keyword density. You'd be better off having different anchors focusing on each of your keywords or keyphrases.

As for the domain name, you know how I feel. ;-)

Member #
    Thanks Steven. I need to adjust some of my anchors.

As for the domain name, how about superduperawesomebestcouponsdeals4u.com? There's still time to change it before the major traffic starts rolling in.

Member #
    or better yet, icanhascoupondealz.com

Member #
    Another question. I have noticed that many tend to use the URL as the anchor text when linking to a site. If there are two or more keywords in your domain name, but no hyphens, is Google et al. able to parse the keywords from the anchor text, or do they just see it as one word?

Member #
    I would prefer an anchor with a single keywords which gets more weight .

Regards

jj1
    Member #
    I believe the important thing is to get a MIX - someitmes coupons, sometimes deals, sometimes coupons and deals, sometimes deals and coupons, sometimes mysite etc. Otherwise you risk having your hard earned links dismissed as spam.
    My belief/guess is that coupons and deals helps towards coupons but that coupons is better

Remove Ads