Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    Might be a dumm question, but for a certain term, if your site's ranking is not very good, but you know it is still there, when you search google or yahoo etc... How do you see the exact ranking of your site within the seach results? Is there a way? Lets say you are 2000th or so from the top...There is no way you can go page by page starting with the first reuslts page to manually search it...Is there a shortcut to see your exact ranking? Or leaving google or yahoo aside, is there an alternate way to see your ranking?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    In google, you can display 100 results per page. That helps you find sites way down the line. Just do a Ctrl+F on each page.

If I don't find a site in the top 500, I give it a > 500 ranking. Not worth researching further than that.

Member #
    Have you tried this?

http://www.googlerankings.com/

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Wow, that tool rocks! :-D

Member #
    You can find it in google, or you can istaller the google tool bar, is very usefull and you can get more information
    Cuban cigars | Cohiba Cigars | Montecristo Cigars

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    How To Check Google Rank Quickly
    Here you go, this and google.com are the only 2 tools i use to check rank.
    It is not an EXACT ranking, but it gives you a pretty good approximation.
    You can set a delay between queries so that Google doesnt see you as a spammer.
    You can also save keyword presets to be run later.

You can also setup scheduled tasks, and export the history to a csv file for examination.
    Definitely a great tool courtesy of SEO Book. If you haven't heard of them, you can't honestly say you've been trying to learn SEO. Google 'seo book' they have tons of great addons.

A few I recommend:
    Rank Checker (Check rank)
    SEO For Firefox (Adds metrics in google search like PageRank, Traffic Value, dmoz links, yahoo links, etc etc etc)
    Live PageRank (Shows the pagerank of the site your currently on)

Enjoy!

jj1
    Member #
    Try a tool such as http://tools4google.com/search-googl...d_tracking.php to find out where your site comes in google for a keyword; useful if you're on p10 or 11 and want to make sure you're still there.
    Not always exact (I think it depends which datacentre it uses) but can give you an idea.

Remove Ads