Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Page Name?

Member #
    I'm trying to set up optimize a website for a salon. What would be the best name for their 'About' page? I know it's best to put the company name in it.

The name of the salon is On The Boulevard Salon and Spa (abbreviated OTB Salon). I'm thinking of naming the page about-otb-salon.html. Is this good or is there a better name for optimization?

Also, they want the link to it to say "Our Family" since it has pictures of the staff and their short bios. Should the link be changed to the page name though, or something very similar? Or does it matter?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Title: About OTB Salon
    File Name: about.html
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thanks. Yes, I do believe that's an appropriate title, but I think the page name is too generic for Google. I have a book on Google SEO which says that about pages should have a key word in them for more relevance. I think I will go with "about-otb-salon.html" or "about-otbsalon.html". But does it matter much what the link says?

Member #
    While the domain name is important. It depends on what you have.

If someone is looking for 'web hosting reviews' and you page is /web-hosting-reviews/ and your h1 title is 'Web Hosting Reviews' then you are onto a winner.

If your page is "about-otb-salon" and no one types "about otb salon" then I doubt you will be getting, if any benefits at all.

Member #
    Thanks. I see what you mean. But then I guess that would be appropriate because I want that page to come up if people type "about otb salon". I figure if people want to know about it without already being on the website then they would search for that. But then again, who does that? o_O

Member #
    why not you just use about-salon.More common word which can be used

Member #
    That's not a bad idea. Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who replied.

Member #
    I think the "about-otbsalon.html" will be best.

It will be a subpage anyway, not the main page. So people don't need to type that out nor search for that in search engines. Coz more often that not, it's the main page that will be likely open up not the about page. Just make sure you do a sitemap and enter that on your sitemap.

Hope that makes sense.
    Symmetri Design Solutions
    Custom WordPress Designers/Developers

Member #
    Yes, I understand. Thanks!

Remove Ads