Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Man to think I just launched my website, http://www.puredezigner.com back in the middle of July 2008. I remember reading about the PR updates that were taking place at the end of the July, that's when I was thinking to myself, man 3-6 months before the next update. But when I check my Alexa stat this evening I noticed something else. I just now finally had an update to my PR, From PR0 to PR3! It's a simple website based on CSS and XHTML validated web projects I have in my portfolio, non the less, I am very happy about this update to my first ever SEO efforts in web. I'd love to see examples and reports on how your current SEO efforts are going and possible results from from the latest Google PR update, please share your updates with us?

Thanks,
    Curtis
    www.PureDezigner.com - personal portfolio

Member #
    I believe that PR updates all the time, its just the Google toolbar which takes months to update. I could be wrong on this though.

I have never done SEO on my website. Not once.. until about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been working at getting links into my sites. For literally 18 months my sites have had PR0. Most of my traffic is direct so I am not to bothered. However after 2 weeks of getting links and generally working on SEO both sites now hold PR2. I think that is quite an achievement.

Unfortunately, if I understand PR correctly, I need my blog to get to PR7 to get to number 1 in Google for my name. Some other Jason Stanley has written a book and has PR6... *sigh*

Member #
    Google has just made an update again last 29th of September. It is done every end of the 3rd month from what I noticed.

To explain puredezigner's case, search engine loves new site with new contents and that are validly coded with the right metatags. So even if it's just a month old, it will gain PR Rank immediately. But that needs to be SEO sustain for the site to keep its PR rank of 3. Otherwise, it will loss its PR.

As for you Jason, I don't think you really need to get a PR Rank of 7 for you to achieved a number one spot for 'Jason Stanley' keyword in Google. In order for you to do that, work on your keywords. Work on link building using your name. Titles should go with your name as well as your tags, anchor text, and link exchange.
    Symmetri Design Solutions
    Custom WordPress Designers/Developers

Member #
    That's great, congrats! Same here on my very new site, now it is PR3 and some internal pages do have PRs too! =)

Remove Ads