Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: MetaTag info

Member #
    Hi everyone,
    I have built a web page and have submitted it to google, MSN and Yahoo. I have some questions about meta tags.
    I know the title tag is to be different for every page as would the description tag be different but is the keyword tag meant to be the same for all the pages or is that also meant to be different.
    Am I meant to submit just he mail page eg www.xyz.com or do I also neet to submit www.xyz.com/index.html and every other page individually? I have noticed on google that some websites have multiple entries for example one for their index.html, 1 for their main url www.xyz.com and then also maybe one for contact us.html for example.

I have also used a SEO test site and it gives a rating on primary keywords and I got an F is there anything specific I have to do for primary keywords aside from not repeating them?

Thanks
    ikhan42

Member #
    Choose keywords which are relevant to your website. For example. I do web design. So good key words for me would be common search terms based around web design and regional search terms.

So

'UK Web Design'
    'Web Development'
    'Hatfield'

etc

I typically try to limit my keywords to 5ish. Whether this makes a difference or not I don't know. My theory is that the more you have the more diluted they become. I could be wrong on this though.

With search engine submission. Submit your home page. Assuming you have html links to other pages on the website the spider will crawl your whole site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Choose keywords which are relevant to your website. For example. I do web design. So good key words for me would be common search terms based around web design and regional search terms.

So

'UK Web Design'
    'Web Development'
    'Hatfield'

etc

I typically try to limit my keywords to 5ish. Whether this makes a difference or not I don't know. My theory is that the more you have the more diluted they become. I could be wrong on this though.

With search engine submission. Submit your home page. Assuming you have html links to other pages on the website the spider will crawl your whole site.
    Thanks for that, Do you have any tips for moving onto the higher pages in google ? Is the blog pages still a valid critea, also forum posts and links?

I am linked to some technical web pages as I am an IT guy and have industry certs so I have extertnal links to Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia etc.

Thanks for your help.
    ikhan42

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ikhan42
    Thanks for that, Do you have any tips for moving onto the higher pages in google ? Is the blog pages still a valid critea, also forum posts and links?
    You can do Link Building to increase your Page Rank to Google. There are sooo many tutorials online for link building. Read them and learn from them.
    Symmetri Design Solutions
    Custom WordPress Designers/Developers

Member #
    Hi
    According to me, when you are selecting keywords for your website. You should go first from your internal pages. Means first you go keyword research for your internal pages and select keyword. Choose the keyword related to your internal page services. After completed this work go for home page keywords which are commonly used by internet user. For this purpose you can search easily your home page keyword research and select General keywords in home page. Just like I have web design related website.
    Than first I choose keyword of internal pages like Log design company USA, and than choose keyword like logo design for home page. Than start link building for your website to relevant keywords.

I hope you understand it.

Banned
    Member #
    Use different keywords for all your web pages as because they should be unique

Quote Originally Posted by ikhan42

I am linked to some technical web pages as I am an IT guy and have industry certs so I have extertnal links to Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia etc.

Thanks for your help.
    ikhan42
    Yes getting quality related links is still a good way of moving higher in ranking, links can be gotten from blogging, forum posts etc as you've mentioned.

Remove Ads