Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All, I live in Sydney and I want to register a .com with godaddy.com (they are a US hosting server). Question, how can I get a '.com' site which is hosted on a US server to appear in Google-Australia search results, help appreciated, Thanks.

Member #
    I'm from Sydney too, and I use Google Australia for all my web searches.

What happens, when you do a Google Australia search, is that it searches all the pages in all of the languages that you have selected in Language Tools and Preferences, according to the page's relevence. This is when you choose Search The Web. This should be the default.

However, if you choose Search: pages from Australia, then it will only search .au sites.

So in answer to your question, if you have a .com site or a site that isn't from Australia, it will appear on Google, but only if you don't choose the search pages from Australia option.

(i'm pretty sure about this, but if i'm wrong someone correct me please)

Member #
    I have seen other ".com" sites appear in google-australia only search results, and i am not certain how they did that.
    Is that because their hosting server is in Australia... or is there some other magic involved?

Member #

hmmmmm, that's interesting.

maybe you should contact Google Australia and ask them about it.

Member #
    Yes guys..

U should take care of domain registration and hosting services, as it matters a lot.
    Go daddy is fine but u should also find some other option in ur local market also, so that if any situation comes u can call them directly and solve the things..

Thanks

Regards

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aidan27
    Yes guys..

U should take care of domain registration and hosting services, as it matters a lot.
    Go daddy is fine but u should also find some other option in ur local market also, so that if any situation comes u can call them directly and solve the things..

Thanks

Regards
    You're right, but there also seems to be something going on with .com sites appearing in .au searches. Maybe there's a glitch in the code?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Pages FROM australia - sounds like this means *.au sites, not sites HOSTED in Australia.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I've been doing some thought on this topic and having read your post Wired, it has just confirmed what I have been thinking.

It shouldn't matter where the page comes from. Heck, you could have a page hosted in Iceland and it wouldn't matter. :classic: However, for it to show up in a pages from Australia search result it must be .au, however most .au sites would probably be hosted in Australia anyway.
    But we still come up with the problem that some .com sites are appearing in pages from Australia search results.

I can't figure this out.

If there's a SEO expert out there, we could use you on this one!

gdc
    Member #
    If you use google webmaster tools, you will be able to tell google which country you are tergeting. The option is under Settings->Georgrphic target

Remove Ads