Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I designed a site for a local salon and spa and I'm wondering what keywords I should target. The salon is in Baton Rouge so I want it to appear high on Google when people search for "salons in baton rouge" or "baton rouge salon" or "baton rouge hair salon". Should "baton rouge salon" be a keyword/phrase, or "salons in baton rouge"? (Though I've heard not to use stop words like in, and, on, etc.).

I'm guessing I should not optimize for just "salon" because people tend to search for one they live near, and besides that I'd have a lot of competition.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine
    I designed a site for a local salon and spa and I'm wondering what keywords I should target. The salon is in Baton Rouge so I want it to appear high on Google when people search for "salons in baton rouge" or "baton rouge salon" or "baton rouge hair salon". Should "baton rouge salon" be a keyword/phrase, or "salons in baton rouge"? (Though I've heard not to use stop words like in, and, on, etc.).

I'm guessing I should not optimize for just "salon" because people tend to search for one they live near, and besides that I'd have a lot of competition.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

www.rhinoseo.com has a free service that helps you generate the right keywords. I use it. It seems to work prety well.

Member #
    Well, trying to narrow down your search terms and using more specific terms is highly recommended and using too broad and general terms is never a great idea simply because it might take years to see results.

You can use websites like Wordtracker and Google AdWords to find the right keywords for your site.

Remove Ads