Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello members:

I like to have one question relates to article submission. Which way is better in SEO?

1) Should I create 1 article and submit to 100 article directories?
    2) Should I create 100 articles and submit to 1 article directory?

Is 1) better than 2) or 2) better than 1)?

Thanks.

Member #
    I would say option 3) Submit 100 articles to 100 different sites. That would be your best bet.

Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If the article directory has a good rating from the search engines, (2) can probably be better than (1). But if writing 100 good articles were that easy, you wouldn't be able to turn around on the internet without finding a good article on something or other. As it turns out, the state on the internet is rather that you can't turn around on the internet without finding an article... But the chances that it is good tend to be smaller. So I would suggest focusing on doing a few good ones and then submitting them to a select few good article directories.

jj1
    Member #
    I've always assumed that article writing is OK if you have a blog or something unique to say. With regards to website design (my own site) I've always assumed that anything worth saying has already been said over and over. After all, a website design Bury St Edmunds site (mine) doesn't say anything all that different to a website design Manchester site or a website design Scotland site. Or am I wrong? Should I as a - small - website designer be looking to article submission as well?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The thing about writing blog posts and such is that, first of all, while what you're saying may have been said before, it may not have been approached the same way. Approach is always important. Secondly, someone may run across your article that hasn't seen an article on the subject before, in which case it has helped someone. And thirdly, I think article writing is more for yourself than for anyone else. To that end, submitting to a directory is actually kind of cool because you generally get some level of feedback as to whether your content is good or bad.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Whatever you do, don't start linking to them from forums!

Member #
    I guess I already saw this thread on the other forum...

jj1
    Member #
    Shadowfiend - thanks for the info. Maybe I might try my hand at article writing after all.
    One question - I don't know if anyone knows the answer - do links to back pages of your website help the ranking of your website as a whole, and your home page in particular??
    I ask that because my home page is basically just who we are / what services we offer / where we are based and here's a few designs we've done. Basically it's much the same content as thousands of other website designers. In order to find anything more detailed, I would have to reference the article to a back page, probably to a backpage that I'm not so bothered about links to.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Usually the link benefits the page that it links to. This may also increase the rank of the site as a whole, I believe (based on domain). But because that page's rank is higher, the rank of pages it links to is also higher. So... Take that as you will.

I am no SEO expert, nor anywhere near such a thing, this is mostly educated guessing based on the little I know of how search engines operate.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    Shadowfiend - thanks for the info. Maybe I might try my hand at article writing after all.
    One question - I don't know if anyone knows the answer - do links to back pages of your website help the ranking of your website as a whole, and your home page in particular??
    I ask that because my home page is basically just who we are / what services we offer / where we are based and here's a few designs we've done. Basically it's much the same content as thousands of other website designers. In order to find anything more detailed, I would have to reference the article to a back page, probably to a backpage that I'm not so bothered about links to.
    Yes link benefit the the page its point to, you should also promote your deep links and make navigation easy for better ranking for the whole site.

Remove Ads