Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello everyone.
    This is my first post on this site. I have read through a few posts and i must say I am impressed so far!!
    SEO is an obsession of mine and I guess it is for everyone else. We launched our website last year and like everyone else we were keen to attract as many visitors as we could as quickly as we could. I have read many of the posts on here and they all give good basic advice.
    I would just like to offer you all the benefit of mistakes that I've made trying to get traffic.
    Link building.
    Forget link farms and reciprocal links. They are a waste of your time and effort. Google (they're the only one to bother about really, unfortunately!) do not count any links that plainly come from link farms/reciprocal links.
    Focus on in context links. Forget links on links pages. They are a waste of your time. Focus on getting links within text that include keywords associated with your landing page.
    Focus on links from relevant websites to the page that you are linking to on your website.
    Focus on authoritative websites. Relevant to your sector and the PR of the page that links to you is above PR2. Don't focus on the PR of the home page but the page that links to you.
    Don't forget to go for links that will bring traffic not just google credit.
    Links from blogs regularly get removed so be careful you can waste a lot of time doing this.
    If you do go for reciprocal links then manage them through a four way link. You link to one site, that links to another, that links to another, that links to you. Make sure the link back is relevant and appropriate.
    PR
    There are free PR submission sites out there. Search on google for them. If you write an article make sure it has links to your pages embedded in it. Use your keywords relevant to the page you are landing on in the link text. Make the article useful to other websites. They will then publish it. Things like 'Top ten' lists are usually taken up.
    Articles.
    Be careful here. You can waste time with these because some strip your links out and post other adverts in your hard work! Search google for article sites and post once to see what they do with your work. Don't post on sites that remove your links.
    Keyword.
    Use wordtracker or IBP software to help you select what keywords to focus on. It you want early success use terms that do not compete with large established websites competing with you. Don't go for high traffic terms, it will take you a very long time to get to page one on google. There is a concept called the long tail of the internet. It refers to the fact that the vast majority of searchers will use the top two or three terms. However, the vast majority of websites will also compete for these terms. This means that you will struggle to get page one through SEO or pay a huge sum for PPC traffic. You should focus on those terms that are further down the tail. Less traffic but many more opportunities to get page one.
    Thats it for now and if you've read to this point I'm glad I haven't bored you. I can post further advice if anyone finds this remotely interesting/useful. I am not a web designer but can write basic HTML. I will be learning from others on this site and felt as a first post I should offer something to everyone.
    Thanks for reading!
    Regards Andy

Banned
    Member #
    Hey And, thanks for the nice sharing but 3 way link exchange with related site with not too much outbound links on it can be beneficial.

Member #
    Thanks
    it's really useful and helpful post. thanks for sharing your thought to all.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for this post. It's a very interesting for me as SEO beginner.

Member #
    Thanks for sharing the information..its really helpful for all of us

Member #
    Nice post.. Give us more!
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Member #
    Thanks for the reading! For the past two weeks I have been researching article sites so that I can start doing some article marketing. I do not sign up with the ones that don't allow you to have links to your site or remove them. When writing articles it is not a good idea to insert links in the body. (Most sites do not allow it.) That is what the resourse box is for or the signature box. Also, the article cannot be like an ad or promotion for your site. They want articles that are informative, interesting and helpful. Which means you will have more readers and more visits to your site. I am not an expert, just sharing the information that I have been reading.
    I will keep you informed as to how my article marketing goes.
    Make your own website fast with BuildAGreatSite.com at: http://www.buildagreatsite.com/

Member #
    I've bee naway for some time and read through my post and thought I'd add to it and hopefully save you guys some time.

If you haven't got the firefox toolbar go and get it! There is some apps that come with it that will help you when judging your competition for keywords. Put SEo for firefox into google and you should get it up in your results.
    Here you can use some of the free tools to help you see where you are appearing in the search engine results.
    You can also use it to find the sites that are linking to your competitiors. You then contact them and ask them to link to you. Simple!!

Ok, if you guys want some more of my short tips just drop me a line.

Thanks

Andy

Member #
    Hi,
    Nice post, we should really work on this important idea you have explained to get some good amount of traffic.I am going to try to work on this as soon as possible.Thanks for the very informative post.keep up the good work going....Cheers
    < please read the forum rules before creating a signature >

Member #
    Hi..!!
    I have identified three ways to spread my articles using the actual web resources and websites. There are many places that allow link submission and they are divided in Articles Aggregator, Social Network and Bookmarking, User Link Feed. A correct use of these websites could bring more visitors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads