Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Can anyone tell me that how many target keywords should a site have?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It will depend on the search enigne...

For Google - it depends on the current algorythm which something like only 6 people in the world know...

As far as text goes if you repeat words and phrases too much then it's fairly obvious you will make Google suspicious... So just keep it to reasnoble...

It should at least aproximate something somone would write...

My advice is to look at some of the sites you are trying to compete with...

I now it's vauge but that's the nature of the beast! :-)
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Thanks, hagen giving for helpful information.

jj1
    Member #
    I would say target one main keyword per page and 1 - 3 lesser / less competitive keywords per page. Use each page to target a different keyword.
    Sprinkle those keywords through title, h1 tags, alt tags, content etc without making it seem spammny.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I really don't agree! Sorry :-)

The fist step is to put yourself in the mind of the algorythm designer and imagine what they are trying to achieve...

From this I would say it's improtant to think along the lines of "real" handwritten pages...

1-3 means that Google would peanalize many / most normal handwritten pages... And these are the ones it normally seems to have the highest regard for in my experience...

IE look at an article on finances and see how many times the word finance comes up... :-)

It would be in the title many of the subtitles and loads of the text links graphics etc...

My advice is use liberally but dont take the ****! :-) IE keep the richness and variety of the text... If people don't want to read it you will peanalize yourself by default because a main measure to Google of how good a page is how many times a pages gets selected from a search!...

-H
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    But it really depends on your website. If you have an e-commerce website with thousands of product inventory then you could have a long keyword list. If you are a small business that provides a specialized service then your keyword list may be smaller. But for a blog and for a static website should be different.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My small store has about 100 keywords. I don't know if this is a few or many.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hagen
    My advice is use liberally but dont take the ****! :-) IE keep the richness and variety of the text... If people don't want to read it you will peanalize yourself by default because a main measure to Google of how good a page is how many times a pages gets selected from a search!...
    I think that sums it up nicely.
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Member #
    I try to keep 15 keyword limit per page, usually less, around the 10 mark. By this I mean listed in meta tags/title/description, H1 text, alt text, and the most used keywords in the text.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Better to limit yourself by amount of content. keyword density of 4-8% is ideal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads