Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, ive been reading quite a bit on SEO (forums, ebooks, websites) and the like.
    Im trying to improve my search engine ratings.

I understand that content is important, and ive been using h1-h3 as well as bold tags to emphasize keywords and content headers.

But i have a few questions.
    how much weight does the meta tag keywords have?
    how about the meta tag description?
    which has more weight of the 2

also would this be harmful or beneficial to SEO
    I think my description and title are good for SEO, however
    would putting that many keywords be harmful? im just trying to be descriptive
    about the content on my site.

HTML Code:
    <meta name="description" content="DeathNote Episodes, Manga, Chat, Wallpapers, Videos" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="death note manga, deathnote manga, death note, death note episodes, death list, killing list, anime, death, note, dark, mysterious, creepy, intelligent anime, 
    ryuk, shinigami, god of death, asian anime, amazing anime, kira, Light, Yagami, episode, anime episodes, manga, read death note, read death note manga, 
    death note episodes online, online death note, manga wallpapers, death note chat, online death note chat, deathnote chat, deathnote episodes, death note dubbed, death note subbed,
    manga pics, manga gallery, watch death note, watch death note episodes online, death note scans, death note summary, death note episode summaries, death note japanese,
    death note animation, death note dub, death note episode list, death note sub"/>
    <title>Death Note Anime Manga and Wallpapers Online</title>
    Suggestions?

jj1
    Member #
    I asked a similar question in a different forum recently as one of these online seo programmes told me to use lots of keywords whereas a seo book I read a year or so ago said to limit them. The advice I was given was to have a different meta keyword and meta description and title for each page and to limit the meat keyword to a few keywords targetted on the page.
    Hope this helps?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ive been reading a few seo books too and they seem to have mixed opinions.
    Apparently to many keywords can be seen as "stuffing".

One thing I did was do a search for Death Note, I looked at the top 3 sites, and how they used the keywords meta tag.

A funny thing I noticed though, is that their description meta tag is always the same for every page. Anyways Thanks for your reply

Member #
    META tags have very little use nowdays. I don't think they do any harm, but they don't do much for your site. I'd still put them in, just in case.
    Similar thread: http://www.webdesignforums.net/searc...ant_31365.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by diddy
    META tags have very little use nowdays. I don't think they do any harm, but they don't do much for your site. I'd still put them in, just in case.
    Similar thread: http://www.webdesignforums.net/searc...ant_31365.html

META tags don't help with google much anymore but they can help with other search engines. Hmm... Are there any other search engines? :ermm:
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Member #
    I have been adjusting a lot of my sites lately and it seems that less is better. I used to have all my meta tags and title covered with tons of words. Now I just limit each page to include what it is really about.
    I think the description and title are important. I would add deathnote into the description one more time at least. I am assuming that is a key word for you (more important than the other words in there).
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    As I heard most SE see:
    Domain, Title, Description, Headings, Bold/Strong
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Member #
    The thing with keywords, is that while Google is deeming inbound links from high ranking, similar-subject sites most important, if it doesn't hurt, why not use it. Yes, Googgle is by far the most used Search Engine, but there is also Yahoo, which I believe is second largest.
    Anyway keywords should be limited to 160 characters or less, and should not be used if it is not actually in the content anywhere. Description should contain some keywords or the most important, but I believe it should also be limited to 160 chars (could be wrong on that one, though).
    Also, for the SE's that do use your meta keywords, your keyword density should be between 3 and 5% (keyword to content ratio).
    Google also looks at your code, so keywords should be within your heading tags, which it seems you are already doing. I hadn't heard about the bold/strong tags, but I do know Google likes semantic, table-less HTML and there is a code to content ratio to be followed, I just don't know what it is!
    And I wouldn't be so quick to say Google doesn't use meta tags, I added description and keywords and page rank jumped.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You'd be surprised... I forgot to put my meta description and keywords in the new Transio.com, and it killed our search engine rankings. I put them in later and had about 300% improvement.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep smose I agree.
    Also, i messed up my keywords and all i got was PSA's on adsense.
    So I would say that adsense does use your meta tags to serve ads.

Just a topic of interest^

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads