Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: SEO Help

Member #
    Hello guys. I'm a web designer in NY and I just started getting into SEO. Now I have optimized plenty of sites, however when it comes to mine I can't seem to up my google rankings! I have way more inbound links, pages index, and traffic then all my competitors. But the difference is that they have google ranks of 3 or 4 and I have 0! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but it's really starting to frusterate me because I work long hours on promoting my website, but nothing seems to be happening. Can anyone give me any advice?

jj1
    Member #
    I'm also a web designer up against sites with higher pr (I was pr1 but am now - as of yesterday pr2) - some I'm now beating with a mix of good on-page seo and incoming links but others I'm not.
    Presumably, with your external links you're using a mix of anchor text to make it look "natural" otherwise - I've heard - G might discard some links as spam? - eg for mine I use "web design bury st edmunds", "website design bury st edmunds", "Bury st edmunds web design", "affordable web design bury st edmunds", "web design in bury st edmunds suffolk" as well as some (eg on blog posts) "john", and some "company name" or plain urls etc
    Also presumably you're taking advantage of designing the customer sites by putting your "designed by" link at the bottom of each client's site?
    I also try for a mix of incoming links - directories, forums, blog postings, articles, social bookmarking/media/news sites such as squidoo, mixx, digg etc
    Also remember a high pr site link can be worth lots of little links.

Member #
    Hello! Thanks for your response! From the time I wrote that to now I have now got a google ranking of 4. It took a good three weeks, however I finally did it. I guess it takes a little longer to do that then raise keyword rankings. I have been told that doing all that in less then a month is good - but I'm not sure. Now as for putting the links on the bottom of our clients websites, we charge very low prices and we give them an option to have it or not. Most of our clients appreciate the low prices we charge and allow us to place them there. It's free advertising!

jj1
    Member #
    I have now got a google ranking of 4.
    Wow! I guess it's my turn now to ask how you did that!!!!??????? Working in my spare time, I've managed to up our pr from 1 to 2 but can't see it getting too much higher. And I have sepent hours ... not to mention days ... and weeks ... going down avenues only some of which have paid off. Any tips appreciated.
    Now as for putting the links on the bottom of our clients websites, we charge very low prices and we give them an option to have it or not. Most of our clients appreciate the low prices we charge and allow us to place them there. It's free advertising!
    We also charge very "affordable" prices but, as we host as well as design, I just insert the link in the footer of the client's page without giving them the option. So far, noone's complained and as I feel I give clients very good value for money in terms of both design and seo, and as I also quietly get them a few links here and there where I can, I don't feel guilty about it.

Remove Ads