Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I show up pretty high for some of my keywords. However, one of the most popular ones, I don't quite show up for.I used webmaster tools to generate a keyword list, that tried to optimize for. My attempts to optimize did ok, I started showing up first page for a couple queries, but now I've dropped off and have no clue why.

can any1 check out my site and please tell me if im optimizing correctly?
    www.alldeathnote.com just click view source please.

Any suggestions would be great as honestly I think ive done all I can in terms of SEO and I still cant manage to get up in the rankings

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Do you have a lot of high-rated incoming links? If not, you'll need to try and acquire them. But don't do it by subterfuge I think that's probably the most critical part of SEO.

But, this is just surmise. I don't know very much about SEO, unfortunately.

jj1
    Member #
    now I've dropped off and have no clue why.
    I'm not enough of an expert to say this categorically, but it's possible that you MIGHT - and I only say might - have been penalised for keyword spamming. I've just had a quick look at your site and every alt text starts with "death note". I think if you ran your site past one of the keyword density checkers (Google it and try several) you'll find that "death note" comes up an unnaturally large no of times. I believe the trick for SEO is to use your keywords throughout title, h1 tags, alt, content, hyperlinks, urls etc but to do so in a "natural" way.
    The same "natural" way also applies to anchor texts for incoming links - create links to your site with "death note", "about death note", "death note characters", "name of individual characters - ie not including words death note", "episodes" etc and include the odd "mysite", "click here" and plain urls in the mix.
    Hope this helps - I'm afraid for some reason I wasn't ab;e to view your source code so can't comment further.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks for your reply.
    maybe youre right, i used to be page 2 usually.
    and page 1 for a lot of things, but i just dropped off the face of the earth.
    what you said might be right, anyways looks like its back to the drawing board with
    a whole new set of keywords

jj1
    Member #
    i just dropped off the face of the earth.
    If it's that bad have you done anything to gain a penalty? Eg bought / sold links, used black hat techniques like stuffing lots of keywords underneath a photo etc etc?
    The other thing - make sure G has still indexed your pages - once, when we used a new software for submenus, G wasn't able to index the pages and so the website dropped out of the serps until we removed the software and then it suddenly shot back up again. Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    If it's that bad have you done anything to gain a penalty? Eg bought / sold links, used black hat techniques like stuffing lots of keywords underneath a photo etc etc?
    The other thing - make sure G has still indexed your pages - once, when we used a new software for submenus, G wasn't able to index the pages and so the website dropped out of the serps until we removed the software and then it suddenly shot back up again. Good luck.
    hmm, havent bought or sold links, dont use black hat techniques, still have over 10SERPS of pages doing site:www.alldeathnote.com

im reworking all my keywords now, lets see what happens

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You're keyword stuffing.

Basically, you have "Death Note" appearing WAY too much in your website, and Google knows you're trying to manipulate their SE, so they're penalizing you for it.

The rule I use is that you should have a keyword density of at most 5%, and no more than 15 instances of a keyword in your page.

You not only have the keyword all over your copy, you have it in all your links, all your links, too (e.g. deathnoteepisodes.php, etc.). Google is smart enough to know your site is about death note. Don't manipulate them. They don't like it!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ah ok, i wasnt doing this intentionally.
    was trying to learn from another site that has good rankings,
    and they name pages like that, i guess ill try to make the words death note less dense.

i wasnt stuffing intentionally, anyways.
    thanks for your help, will definately rework the site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    another quick question smose.
    say that i am being penalized, if i fix the keyword stuffing, will my website pop back up in the SERPs or will i have to gain credibility again?

i.e if i fix it, will i still possibly be low in serps because of prior keyword stuffing

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    My guess is you should immediately pop back up within a month. Can't say for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads