Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: YouTube

Member #
    Obviously google is starting to rank google maps and youtube videos pretty high. I have a video on YouTube that ranks really high for my main search term and is actually one ahead of my own website. My search term is Kolea and my site is www.koleabeachvillas.com. My video is the one of the Kolea Beach Club. Is there any way I can use this youtube video to the advantage of my website?
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    put seo words in the vido description w/ a link to your site.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    How do you do that using youtube? Thanks,

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    no idea, never posted a youtube video. I know that each video has a description box to the right where you can enter in stuff though.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Anywhere that you can put text, put links. Anytime that you put a link, use good anchor text. Google feeds off of good anchor text... lives and thrives off of it, really.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creativityunltd
    Anywhere that you can put text, put links. Anytime that you put a link, use good anchor text. Google feeds off of good anchor text... lives and thrives off of it, really.
    YouTube does not allow you to put clickable text within the video. There is no where else to put it around video. You can only put it in your profile, which is not on that page.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by waikoloavrm
    YouTube does not allow you to put clickable text within the video. There is no where else to put it around video. You can only put it in your profile, which is not on that page.
    Actually, I beg to disagree on all points. I have seen several videos that have pop-up gray boxes that are clickable, because it is possible to do if you know coding. In the description of the video, you can also put hyperlinks (clickable text). Most people that put up videos do it. On top of that, you can also put links in any replies you make to comments people post below your video.

Member #
    How do you do this? That is what I was asking.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by waikoloavrm
    How do you do this? That is what I was asking.
    :cheeky: Sorry buddy. I was quick to argue and slow to explain, wasn't I? I was doing so much that I lacked quality in my reply. I apologize.

When you upload your video, you have the description form. Feel free to do an href code hyperlink in the description when you upload the form and in the comments of the video, as you can comment on your own videos, and others' videos... hint hint. (Ask if you don't know what the "href code hyperlink" is that I'm talking about. I'm assuming you do, so feel free to ask questions if my assumption is wrong.)

Putting those notes and links you sometimes see in a YouTube video isn't as easy. My preferred way is a free video service called Asterpix. It's like Frontpage for YouTube videos. It's pretty much just point and click. Here's the article I used to figure it out: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/12...with-asterpix/

So I guess you're partially right. They don't simply "allow" you to put links in your videos, but they have known about Asterpix for at least two years now, and they don't "disallow" you either, so I do it shamelessly. :aimangel:

If you have any questions, come on back. I'll be here. ;-)

Also, if you have a need for professionals in related fields to yours for networking, you can find my website here: Creativity Unlimited. You can get in touch with me about 12 different ways through it.

Michael

Remove Ads