Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Meta keywords and description

Member #
    Hello..
    I've read lots of articles about SEO and keywords and such.. I was wondering.. should I use different keywords on differenet webpages?
    I heard google and some search engines don't care about keywords.. or do they care?
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

jj1
    Member #
    should I use different keywords on differenet webpages?
    Yes definitely. Use each webpage to target a different keyword and have a different title, description and keyword tag for each page.
    I've read that you should use your home page to target the most competitive keyword (as this page is likely to get he most links) OR to use it to target the keyword that will bring you most business.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    +1 Use as specific keywords as possible for each page. Consider each page to be a mini-site of your main site that could be indexed by Google.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Agreed.
    Each page should have a specifically targetted set of keywords.
    Example if 1 page sells tv's and another sells radios, your tv page should have tv keywords and your radio page should have radio keywords, they might share a common 1 or 2. In terms of SEO value, keywords ARE looked at. In terms of importance title tags and header tags (h1, h2, h3) are more important I believe. Anyways, this article might help you out, gives you a good starting point.
    Beginner SEO(Search Engine Optimization) and Web Marketing

Member #
    Google and other search give importance to keywords.yes each has a different key words but not more than two for every page.

Member #
    No doubt, major search engine give much importance to Keywords used in website content and you should also use different keywords according to page text or content.
    You should consider the keyword density while writing content copy.

All the best!

Member #
    Different keywords for different pages is the way to roll. Spend some time searching in Google for the best and more competitive keywords for each of the pages of your site.

Member #
    Unique keywords are important for for individual pages. But Google doesn't really care about the <meta name="keywords" content="" /> tag but it doesn't hurt to put some in for any other search engines that might still use meta keywords.

Mainly what aburningflame said - title, header and text on the page is most important to present your keywords.

Member #
    your website must contain atleast 3-5 keywords and it must be cited at least 3 times in a single pages. it is good to have a keyword in every page. and as of above. it only cares on the website development content.

Member #
    Should you also include keywords for the homepage in the subpages?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads