Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys, launched a website the other day and inserted analytics into it which all seemed well. I also submitted a sitemap created via www.xml-sitemaps.com. It tooka few days to check and it has come back and it says that the status is OK. I also submitted a urllist. txt. I also have a robots.txt file which goes something like this.
    User-agent: *
    Disallow:
    This is my first site but I am guessing that that means all bots can crawl if possible. The site has been indexed by MSN but this is the problem I dont have any options left in Google Analytics because on the screen it says "Site not indexed yet" Find out why. On there it says ask for a reconsideration. Please help because I dont know what to do. I checked the ban tool and it says that I am not banned from adsense but I am either banned or it is a new site and it hasnt been indexed yet.
    This is my site do you see anything that I have done wrong that would ban me or not get me indexed or should I just wait as I have been indexed by MSN. I need your help and would really be grateful if you could help me.

EDIT: The site map says that it is OK with a lil green tick but has 40 total urls but no indexed urls, is there something wrong there?

The site is http://www.johnpooley.com

Thanks, Alan

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Give it a few days at least. Google will crawl the web and find you eventually. They even say it could take up to 3 months, but mine have never taken that long, usually 1 to 2 weeks.

I don't see anything wrong with the site that would get you banned, stop worrying!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i second that. aeroweb is right.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

jj1
    Member #
    I'm no expert ad am afraid I can't comment on the robots file, but as far as not being indexed yet I'd say as a first step get yourself some links to your site (the best way to get indexed) - eg try digg, mixx, propeller, forum signatures, blog comments, directories then as a long term seo campaign broaden out into articles (ezines goarticles) as well.
    Good luck.

Member #
    You need to specify something to "disallow" in your robots.txt file. What you currently have is essentially useless and it MIGHT even be interpreted as to not index the root - very very bad obviously.

At the very least I would include the CSS or JavaScript directories (assuming you have one or both). For example:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /cgi-bin/
    Disallow: /css/
    Disallow: /js/

Remove Ads