Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have a question regarding SEO. All my websites - about 5-6 of them right now - are being hosted under the same hosting and server. Additionally, they are linking to each other too. Is this a problem in terms of SEO? If they were osted in different places would it be better or it doesn't matter?
    Similarly, on my main website, I am going to open a new page. But for that page, I am planning to have it under a different domain name. Is that a problem for SEO?

Member #
    The hosting environment has zero impact.

These are all DIFFERENT sites right? Meaning, you don't have 5-6 sites with the same content cross-linking to each other - correct?

Member #
    yes the sites are all different of course....

Member #
    It is best to have them on seperate C ip blocks. You can do this on the same host or on other hosts. Use domains that are registered in your moms name,
    girlfriend, etc. This is to avoid tracks and increase the appearance of looking natural when trying to interlink for SEO purposes.

Peace,
    KenRock

Member #
    As long as the site's are different it doesn't matter who they are registered to or what the IP is.

jj1
    Member #
    In a different forum someone said that they had a lot ( I think from memory 100 or so sites) all interlinked and they got penalised.
    We personally have about 10 or so sites which link to our main website (maintained and created link at the bottom of each page) and we give a nofollow link in our portfolio. Not many of the sites interlink with each other. So far our rankings have been going up not down. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!

Member #
    Unfortunately, merging domain analytics is not an available option.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ketanco,

Excessive cross-linking

- within the same C block (IP=xxx.xxx.CCC.xxx)
    If you have many sites (>10, author's guess) with the same web host, prolific cross-linking can indicate more of a single entity, and less of democratic web voting. Easy to spot, easy to penalize.
    "This does not apply to a small number of sites" .. (this author guesses the number 10, JAWG) . . . "hosted on a local server". . Matt Cutts July 2006

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    WebPrezentacija, where did you quote that from?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads