Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaMare

Thread: SEO friendly CMS

Member #
    Hi,
    I have a simple CMS that I built myself with php & mysql. It basically displays the title and the first paragraph on the index page, and if the user clicks to "more" link, it brings up the whole article, from the mysql database.

Other than doing a URL rewrite to have keywords displayed in the URL, I did not do / don't know any other action for better SEO.

What else can I do for my CMS to be more Search Engine Optimized? Note that majority of my content lies in those articles, so I think it is much more important than to optimize the static portion of my site.

Somebody suggested to direct link to dynamic articles and then linking them together but that is not a practical solution nor it is meaningful from a user perspective... (Or may be should I put invisible-to-user static links to my articles from my static main pages?..just a thought)

Member #
    Create a good architecture of your site with an easy navigation.

Use tags to have a higher amount of links.

Use nofollow for "more" link.

Anyway - you can do a lot of editing. Try to research Wordpress All in One SEO Pack and try to find what really doing that pack and apply on your CMS.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wordpress is best CMS for SEO.

Banned
    Member #
    Do proper optimisation and there are lot of plugins available with which you can do proper SEO.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Such as...?

And define "proper SEO" please.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Such as...?

lol i can see you are b****ing around

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Such as...?

"Proper" SEO

properSEO.jpg
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I dig the pointy shoes. Pointy shoes = 10% SEO improvement.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No Doubt its wordpress only....wordpress is the best SEO friendly site.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I've been away for a while - nice to see that the level of crapola being posted here hasn't altered!

anilkumartgsb -

WordPress in and of itself has nothing to do with SEO. If it is installed properly and secured, if the content of the site is well-written and relevant to the target market, if a really good SEO plugin is used correctly, if it is updated in a timely manner, and if there is a decent XML sitemap, then WP can be said to be fairly SEO friendly.

If it is installed using the "idiot's-one-click-express-setup-that-creates-a-database-with-tables-named-just-like-the-other-50-million-WordPress-sites-out-there" and no effort is made to have good copy on the site, it will suck at SEO, and quite likely get hacked at some point.

Full disclosure - I use WP frequently and have nothing against it. I just feel it should be studied and well understood, full use of all available security measures and SEO techniques should be made, or the site will be a huge fail.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads