Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys!

I'm new to these forums, seems like you're all a really friendly bunch...I tried browsing through the topics and I think there's nothing specific about this particular issue.

See, I have multilingual webpage. We're trying to rearrange and clean up the coding or just leave it as it is as we've acquired a good Google page rank.

Initially our main page was in spanish, but since, english has been made the base language. We left all the content on the same root directory on our servers, just with a button on the left to change language as desired.

We've had our webpage redesigned recently, just for the english content, and we're planning on updating spanish soon. We're also potentially introducing french soon.

So basically, what we need to know is what's the best way to manage multi-country, multi-language websites... both internally and externally.

Case in point:

Internal - Should we move each language to a separate language folder internally? or just leave it as is? We're not sure if Google is getting confused with everything on the same folder, or if we'll dilute the search results by having on different folders.

External - Should our websites by divided by country? (ie. brazil.yyy.com, us.yyy.com?) or yyy.com/es, yyyy.com/eng?

Well guys thank you so much for your troubles . Hope you reply!

Member #
    google translator

Remove Ads