Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi,

Im wondering if it matters whether you use capital letters in your backlinks and link titles ect.

eg. if I have all my backlink text as 'Piano Tuition' will the site appear when someone searchs for 'piano tuition'?

This could be quite important as when putting place names in my site I want them to be displayed correctly i.e. with capital letters but when Im searching for something I never put capital letters in so would not find my pages if it makes a difference.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Google ignores case in searches. It is assumed that most people are too lazy to search in the proper case.

However, Google is probably intelligent enough to know what's an acronym and what isn't. So if you put PLANO TUITION in your back links, Google would probably recognize that as forum or directory spam.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks for that.

I only thought about it because I ran a programme that checks the site out for SEO and it wasnt recognising my keywords when I had capitalised them.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    it's probably a bug in the program you're using.

Member #
    steven's right all search engines treat capitalized characters the same, oh snap I just realized your the owner of the forum, whats up man. I really like your site steven. =D

Remove Ads