Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,

Im pretty new to SEO as an advanced thing although I know my way around it okay. I have a project coming up that requires a bit more than usual..

So I was reading over the content ready to edit in keywords, when i thought itd be a lot better and more accurate if i could find the most used/expected/popular keywords for this category - see its not simple like 'webdesign company', theyre a music and media blog run by a small record label, and want to appeal to both those interested in new music and media, alongside those looking for a way to get into it..

Any ideas/tools? I dont even know how to categorise that..any suggetions?

Thanks for the help
    Emma

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaburge
    Im pretty
    Full of ourselves much? ;-)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    PS - in response to your question, try this:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordTool

(You may have to register). Google's AdWords tool is great for gauging relative popularity of different keywords. It also makes suggestions for related keywords. Awesome tool!

You can generally multiply the "searches" number by 3 to get a sense of total search traffic for a keyword on all search engines.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley
    Full of ourselves much? ;-)
    .. You know thats completely not what i meant! :lick:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for that - as i said i am *rather* new to SEO so im sorry if that tool is well used .. do you or anyone else know of some good seo tools?

ive read ones that produce stats like competitors pagerank, number of places they have a link etc, or the same if you want to search that for your own site.. but im intending to use seo tools on a site thats not yet even been launched yet, so thats unlikely to help.

ive also heard of fireform and nodofollow for semi-automatic directory submission, and firefox addons that can submit to lots of social networking sites in one go. this is more what im talking about - initially, one to show the most effective search terms for my term, or a ranking order of sites using my term succesfully - if there are lots id probably go for a different keyword.

im not a professional SEO and havent claimed to be for this client, but i do want to get results for them!

Member #
    try wordtracker it might help you out in giving you synonyms.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks im using google adwords keyword tool to do it, think its pretty useful, but havent got a chance to see anything happen yet.. do you generally go by worldwide views and competition? how much/little competition do you think - for a new site - you need to look for in a keyword using this tool?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaburge
    thanks im using google adwords keyword tool to do it, think its pretty useful, but havent got a chance to see anything happen yet.. do you generally go by worldwide views and competition? how much/little competition do you think - for a new site - you need to look for in a keyword using this tool?
    I would go for easier keywords or 4 to 5 string keywords first.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thankyou for the advice- can i ask what are 4 to 5 string keywords? sorry heh.. :S

Member #
    4 or 5 worded keywords, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads