Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello people

Im looking at my articles on a keyword density checker.

Ive been told anywhere between 1-3% is pretty safe for article submission and to aim for lower than 3%.

Im a bit confused as this density analyzer is returning percentages for quite a few diff phrases (some are not my keywords at all and others are part of the longer keyphrase).

In order to calculate keyword density, do i 'add these percentages all together, or add all the percentages of keywords i intended to put there together to get my final keyword density percentage for the article?

Or is keyword density looked at per keyword..eg even if i have 20 keywords/phrases as interpreted by the keyword density checker, i am 'safe' for being accepted so long as none of these have a density of 3% or over?

Thanks!

PS Ive attached an image with the percentage column and count columns included so you can see what Im talking about if its not clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Emma

Yes 1-3% is fine in my experience you can go to 5%.

Think about it from a Google perspective. It does not know what your keyword is so it analyses your page. The words/phrases with the greatest frequency/density will indicate what your page is about.

So always try to keep your actual keyword phrase as the highest occurrence then phrases based on this should occur less times.

Just be sure that no other words are showing more often.

In reality if you add your keyword phrase to the title and then aim for once per 100 words you will do fine.

Focus on the reader and the rest will sort it self out.:tired:
    Rich

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, thanks Rich. And despite whether it was advised here I will be keeping the reader in mind - this was originally some experience in promotional writing

Thanks again!

Member #
    I wouldnt focus so much on onpage optimization, as long as you have the keyword you would like sprinkled a few times in the webpage you should be okay.
    San Diego Web Design Companies Graphic Design Firms in San Diego
    SEO Web Design Internet Marketing Blog Web Design and Online Advertising Blog

Member #
    I'd agree with brickmade. Use it just as you would in normal conversation, and don't use Black hat SEO, and you'll be fine.

Member #
    I even agree with you. just think of the end user and rest all things will be done . If the post reader view are taken into consideration it will work.

Remove Ads