Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello again...

[hope this is the correct form...if not...please move me mr. administrator, thanks]:

was wondering:

I have a site designed for my recording studio; & many of my keywords are plural-based (ending in 's')...keyword combos such as 'recording studios', 'mastering studios', etc.

is the plural approach better...or should they just read as 'studio', w/ no 's' on the end ???

[reason I ask is...whenever I search, I automatically place an 's' on the end...out oif habit...thinking it brings in multiple responses. maybe old-fashioned...I don't know.]

so...1) which works better...plural or singular ???

2) My site comes up in a search for 'recording studios, nj'...pretty high on a Google list entitled: 'local bussiness results for recording studios near new jersey'...yet my location is listed about 3 pages deep into the site. aamof...until yesterday, it was a set of pages not even under it's own domain. one would have to go to my main site (an indie music site); & click on a link to get to the studio pages.

so...2) how do the search engines determine regionality, if you're city & state aren't prominent on your site...telephone # ???

3) what is the best method FOR optimizing regional search results ???

thanks,

mark4man
    MoonMix Studios

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Moved to the SEO forum.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Both ways work the same just include that plural variation somewhere in the text of your site. I would go for which ever variation has more traffic. Determines it by your address and telephone # aka geolocation. Your title means alot for regional.
    San Diego Web Design Companies Graphic Design Firms in San Diego
    SEO Web Design Internet Marketing Blog Web Design and Online Advertising Blog

Member #
    Putting your city (your real city) in your title can help along with your city on your contact page an geo IP address. Also, get your website in Google, Yahoo and Bing Maps.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You show in the Google Local Business results because you are listed on Google maps!

So at some point you or someone in the business has submitted the details to Google Local.

You quite often find that either the singular or plural version gets a lot more traffic. This does depend on the word.

Obviously you want to target the one that gets the most traffic. So use the Google keyword tool (search G for it) and establish which one gets the most traffic. Then include that one in your title, description, h1 tags and body text. Then add the other variant when and where it reads well.

Member #
    Search engine sometimes depends on singular as well as on plural depending on the search key words. you need to do research for it. Your location can be noted by the IP address.

Member #
    wow...!!!

have been busy setting up recording equipment & forgot to come back...thanks a million...everybody...!!!

have some additional questions...(sorry, but I'm still a neophyte at this)...& I'll number them for easier response:

[btw - good idea on getting onto the various maps]

so...my new site (MoonMix Studios) is up & running...& submitted to Yahoo, Google, Bing & Ask...3 of which required an authorization meta tag, which I complied with.
    1) would they have found me anyway...without the meta tags ? (not an important question, here...just curious).

my old site was a set of pages on another domain (MoonJams). as of right now...that old url keeps coming up in test searches I perform. so what I did was to rearrange that page w/ redirection info & a link to the new domian: http://www.moonjams.com/moonmix_studio.biz.htm.

now...I obviously want the major search engines to quit showing that address...& display the new domain (& I only left that page up for those surfers who have, or who find, the old link). On the old site (MoonJams)...there are NO physical links left to that page. so...

2) what is the best way to get rid of that old address in the major search engines...??? [2A) will resubmitting MoonJams to the search engines do the trick...now that any physical links are gone from that domain...???]

3) Is my 'redirection page' the best way to go about redirection...or should it be accomplished automatically somehow...in the code...?

4) are there other search engines out there I haven't covered...??? (I've covered Ask, Bing, Google & Yahoo).

thanks very much...& again...thanks for all the useful info already given...by all,

mark4man
    MoonMix Studios

Remove Ads