Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am pretty well versed in SEO, but theres one thing im unsure of.

One of my keywords/phrases is : naturopathic clinic toronto.

Now, if I write content like:
    We are a naturopathic clinic in toronto.

Or something like:
    Our Toronto naturopathic clinic

Do i get credit? Or do I have to match the keywords exactly.
    E.g

Our naturopathic clinic toronto is etc etc (This is bad english and i DONT wanna do this)

can anyone provide some insight?

Member #
    I believe that google will give you credit for words that surrounds you keywords, but I do not think you will get 100% the value with the words reversed as you would with having them exact. You could use this exact phrase in your alt img tags along with maybe some of the meta tags.

Quote Originally Posted by aburningflame
    I am pretty well versed in SEO, but theres one thing im unsure of.

One of my keywords/phrases is : naturopathic clinic toronto.

Now, if I write content like:
    We are a naturopathic clinic in toronto.

Or something like:
    Our Toronto naturopathic clinic

Do i get credit? Or do I have to match the keywords exactly.
    E.g

Our naturopathic clinic toronto is etc etc (This is bad english and i DONT wanna do this)

can anyone provide some insight?
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Awesome. I can keep the word order hte same on a lot of my keywords. i just need to add conjugating words to form sentences in, because, etc etc etc

Thanks for your advice. if any1 else can chime in their knowledge about the best way to work keywords into page content, would be great not just for me but for the community.

Thanks

Member #
    You will get value to some extent but not totally.

Member #
    I believe I have read somwhere that you can use commas between keywords without breaking them up.
    naturopathic clinic, toronto
    This makes it a bit better for humans to read.

Member #
    How about if you used Naturopathic clinic Toronto, Canada in your title and description and maybe a couple of times around your site and then also use it in your alt img text. That should do the job along with using that text in links.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep, been working well. Now on page 1 for a few terms including naturopathic clinic etc etc, thanks for the comma tip, never thought of that! and it would be a lot better for humans to read. thank you

jj1
    Member #
    My understanding is that Google looks for exact matches first - naturopathic clinic toronto - and THEN looks for keywords near each other (I believe order is important) - naturopathic clinic in toronto - and THEN looks at websites which have one keyword at the top of the page and another in the middle and another at the bottom.
    So yes - put naturopathic clinic toronto in title tag and h1 tag (MOST important) and probably once or twice in h2 tags, content and alt text and prob navigation as well but then use variations on this - naturopathic clinic in the heart of toronto - or toronto clinic offering naturopathic etc in content and other coding. I sometimes work exact keyword strings that don't read too naturally into alt text and image names (but obviously dont overdo this and get a penalty for spamming)

Member #
    A good rule to follow is putting your keyword in to every 100 words in the content. So a 300 word text =3 times.
    As early as possible in the first paragraph, and in the last sentence in the last paragraph.

Remove Ads