Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Choosing an SEO Expert

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Whats should I look for? I get so many emails and calls and I'm unsure of how to select the genuine ones from the not so.

What can I expect to get for 500 or 1000, would I be updated on what they have done?
    Reynolds Digital - WordPress web designers based in London - Web Design London

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ask them about prior results...ask for references from past customers. Ask them to give you sites they have helped get page 1 and call those companies. Also, if they promise you position #1, probably dont use them. You cant guarantee position 1 for all your keywords..thats just ridiculous. SEO is a tedious process which often spans a few months. Time spent here and there, more keyword research..it isnt a 2 month process full time, but rather, part time here and there SEO work and tweaks. Example: I have done 4hours worth of work for SEO analysis/keyword research for a client. The analysis has suggestions I suggest they make, or if they pay me I can do it for them, I have dont some optimization but I wont be doing any seo work for them for like 3-4 days, in 3-4 days i will check rankings and do a little more tweaking, then ill wait another 3-4 days, then chek rankings more tweaking. You dont spend 8 hours doing SEO and then say youre done with it, thats not how optimization works it requires a lot of fine tuning.

With that said, I could assist you with SEO. I don't guarantee you page 1 for all your keywords, although I can probably get you page 1 for some. I do not consider myself an "Expert" however, I do have good knowledge of SEO. Please see this thread: http://www.webdesignforums.net/searc...faq_34541.html

This will teach you how to do your own SEO, however, if you feel more comfortable hiring someone to do it for you, we can negotiate an hourly rate. This would probably be a combined 10-15 hours over a 4-8 week period. (Search engines take time to crawl your site) In addition to the SEO work I will also set up some free tools for you to track and monitor your keywords and website (free of charge).

Either way, good luck in your venture, hope to see you on page 1 soon

Thanks,
    Scott
    scott@reainc.net
    scottmonizprojects@hotmail.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Heh, your site says you provide: Effective copywriting for websites should be written with two audiences in mind: people and search engines. We produce copy that your visitors will want to read whilst helping them find your site on the search engines.

Sounds like you dont need SEO help? heh.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm good with onsite SEO, I have good results from my clients sites and offsite I am pretty good but I would prefer to hand this over to someone else as can be quite time consuming. I do all onsite SEO myself as don't want anyone else writing the copy for me, and like the first poster said, this requires tweeks every few days.

If I could hand some of this work over mainly for link building, however I don't want to sign up to a company that promises to flood 1000's of directories and search engines! More in the way of writing articles, or at least sourcing decent articles for the site, and linking to good quality sites which takes time to research, which I would rather spend on more interesting tasks.
    Reynolds Digital - WordPress web designers based in London - Web Design London

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Gotcha.

I WAS the first poster btw , then i looked at your site (to see what id be optimizing) and noticed you did SEO, so i was wondering why you would want someone else to do it.

Anyways, after your explanation, totally understand. Goodluck

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldsdigital
    Whats should I look for? I get so many emails and calls and I'm unsure of how to select the genuine ones from the not so.

What can I expect to get for 500 or 1000, would I be updated on what they have done?
    The ONlY way to find a good SEO company is to SEARCH for them on Google! You're gonna trust your SEO to a company that can't even get themselves listed and resorts to spam for getting clients? Would you use an auto-mechanic whose car breaks down all the time or an electrician who burned down his own house with crossed wires? I don't think so!

You're in England? Try this: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=uk+seo

The first result, David Naylor, looks like he really knows what he's doing.

Where do the sites spamming your inbox rank? My guess is dead last.

Member #
    I've used Autodealertraffic.com (ADT) before to help with SEO. they've always done a good job for me.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I love how the hack-job SEO company retards come and spam threads that specifically advise against using spammers.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    who me?
    lol

Member #
    I provide SEO services and this is my view on the subject. The first question should be, does the company actually rank well for the services that they provide? If they don't how do you ever expect them to rank your website well?

This is why I run a monthly Google search report for the keywords that we rank on the first page of Google. I then post this to our blog. I also challenge any SEO provider to meet or exceed our results. I have run this report since June of 09 and no other company was accepted the challenge.

That's likely because we rank for 93 SEO, link building, and website - internet marketing services related keyword phrases in the Google SERP's like Local SEO Services. That usually seals the deal. The fact that we have never failed to get a client onto the first page of Google for multiple keyword phrases doesn't hurt either.

We have been able to accomplish this because we do not sell packages. We design an SEO plan based on what your competition is either doing or not doing. A competitive analysis is required if you seriously want to rank well. If your potential SEO provider only sells packages I would suggest running as quickly as possible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads