Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I always read a lot about SEO and googles stance on spam, what they consider, spam, etc.
    One of my main competitors site has always been 75% based around true spam. By true spam I mean very obvious spam such as owning multiple websites with duplicate content and linking them together, etc. I have been reporting it using my google webmaster tools for years now.
    Not only does it appear that they have not been penalized they are starting to gain authority on my subject.
    I was curious if you feel there is another way to make google aware of this or if they are not as cautious about spam as they suggest they are.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I would say it appears that Google has given you your answer already. :-)

Member #
    Yeah, I just hate to do it because knowing my luck right when I do it is when they will start to crack down.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Never a good idea to do something you know is wrong. It's just bad karma.

Member #
    Yes, always make sure you path is clean. We are here for the long haul and playing by the book always pays off in the end. Google is the king right now and we all want to please him or else he stamp us flat in a second. Forever.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    lol @ "he"

Member #
    Hehe.. "it" is maybe a better word.Anyway,dont mess with this thing,there is plenty of people getting their adwords,adsense accounts closed for only small violations .
    A guy once wrote that dealing with Google is like being locked in a small cage along with an elephant stomping around.

Member #
    Yeah, I know a little about SEO, but not a ton and for me to be able to figure it out very easily the spamming they are doing I would have thought google could figure it out within two years.

Member #
    I am not sure how many people are still following this thread, but I am curious if you think google actually looks at the spam reports given by users in their webmaster tools? If so, I think it would be a good thing if there was a way within this forum that people can be alerted of spam and then all the members of the forum report it in their webmaster tools if they think it is spam.

Remove Ads