Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Flash and SEO

Member #
    I posted a thread about four months ago about alt img tags and flash. I was curious if there is anything I should be doing with flash for seo. I have a flash show on each page of my site pretty much so it would be good if I could let google know what each of them are about.
    Is there anything I can do? Seems like even if you used an alt img tag that would help to let google know what it is about.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Banned
    Member #
    as far as image is concern or multimedia is concern it is recommended that it should be used less because not good for SEO prospective but you can place image alt attribute and assigns the name of the meaningful image name, plus flash should be used very less and i think it can be optimized for SE, but what i have heard is give user option of flash and html so that html version of your website will have crawled easily. And due to internet connection speed this can affect on ranking of your website.

Banned
    Member #
    Using flash content may looks pleasing to eyes but at the same time its not good for search engine ranking. I agree with James that go for HTML and use image alt tags where you can replace flash with HTML. It takes less time to load and you can also place keywords in tags and titles.

Member #
    okay, i have here a link which I think is useful to this thread.. I have read from a blog review which stated that using flash could be a spam but it really depend on how it is used.

Member #
    use no embeded tag and no follow tag in flash to help the crawler for reading your web sites easy

Member #
    hello, if you site is built in flash then SEO can't be done, but yes you can perform SEM or SMO.. through that you can generate some traffic..

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is important to add content in HTML format to your flash files for it to be indexed by search engine robots.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As far as flash and seo is considered SEO does not work on flash scripts images because Google does not read flash scripts or images.So keep flash scripting far from your websites if you using that site as an financial and seo purpose.

Remove Ads