Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Actcom, post: 207108
    1000 + can bring u good results
    Huh?
    What on earth does this mean?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    It means "I read the original question, stole the number, and inserted a generic statement in to sound s-m-r-t."

The correct answer to this question, with a qualifier, is 0. You do not need a single inbound link to any page on your site to receive referring traffic from search engines. If you build enough sites and you forget to include a robots.txt file for a site that's under construction, you will at some point see search engine referral traffic to your unfinished site, and you will probably have to scramble to put one in because customers will start asking when they can order Test Product (I actually saw someone do this once because they thought they'd get a discount in exchange for being a product tester).

When you think about this, it makes a whole lot of sense because there are a lot of small businesses and people out there building sites by themselves, taking the time to put some decent content up, and that haven't got the foggiest idea how to market their sites. A lot of them have never heard of search engine optimization, and certainly wouldn't have heard of link wheels and link building and exchanges and all of the other crap. So why should these companies and people be penalized for the crime of putting something valuable online without worrying about "SEO" in its modern-day sense?

Google in particular does a very good job of understanding this and tries to seek out those types of sites as much as is possible. It doesn't get to most of them (mostly because it can't), but it does get to a fair percentage of them.

Now, does this mean a site with no inbound links to any of its pages will receive referral traffic for keywords and phrases such as "dogs", "cats", and "SEO"? Realism suggests "no". But that also doesn't mean "go chasing after every backlink you can because they all count." They don't all count...in fact, a very large percentage of the "SEO backlinks" don't count because they're buried so deep in websites that a crawler will never even get to them, and the ones they do get to are often devalued because they were obviously created for search engine reasons. The varying level of competition for each keyword or phrase, the devaluation of links in certain circumstances that only search engines know about, and the hundreds of other factors that are involved create a situation in which there is no qualitative or quantitative indicator of the number of inbound links that a page needs to receive to receive search engine referral traffic for a keyword or phrase. It's anywhere from 0 to infinity and beyond. So it's not even worth obsessing over, trying to find a magic bullet number, as a result.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    how much backlinks required to get good ranking at search engines?
    None! You need great content.

What are your visitors looking for? You should give them what they want with high quality articles which do a great job of covering their interest. This may actually require several pages.

Want more visitors? Create more high quality content.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pentawebexperts, post: 207700
    In my opinion the back links are as important as the quantity of back links. One must have minimum 1000 back links to get result...
    Dr. Cox has something to say to you:
    AlphaMare and dustedpetalsx like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No one can answer you because it all depends on several factors . Like quality of backlinks , competition content and other

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Keywords are not important, I found a site that didn't even have any keywords and it was at the top of the google rank,

I think it's all about backlinks, where and how much information can be found about your topic linkin to you.

Does anyone have suggestions? What sites have good backlink support?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If you think keywords are only defined in the meta content tag, then your above statement about keywords may be accurate.

"keywords" and keyword phrases don't have to be in the meta-tag to be considered keywords. If the content, titles, headers, are all geared toward a couple of words, then those are your keywords.

No, google may not actually give you a lot of credit for having a keyword meta tag, but google is not the only search engine, and I know of a few that still give weight to it.

A good designer is going to do what is best for his/her customer , the site, and search engines to make them play nice together.

Usually a site that has been in place for years providing good relevant content, will get much higher exposure without having "everything in place ", where a new site, just starting out should make every effort to get listed and index as high as possible on every se they can find.

Backlinks are only as good as where they are coming from, Although you really can't control backlinks, it usually takes a long time to get really good backlinks... And you should always be monitoring the backlinks that you do get.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hmmm... nice , thanls, I'll keep that in mind.

I have a second question, you get so many sites online that promise a service that'll get you to the top of the google ranking, are these sites legit? and if "yes" how do they manage to get someone top rankings quickly?

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Not at all. They achieve their goals generally with black hat SEO. Basically they spam the hell out of the internet. **** 'em.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Can someone explain this for a nooby person? A backlink I assume is someone just linking to you - from their site. Or you submitting your link to a directory, link wall, perhaps linking your site on a blog comment?

But when you're saying PR5, PR1 etc - is the PR standing for Public Relations or Page Ranking?

Rofl - this is really interesting but I'm too stupid to keep up *cry*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads