Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello...

the other day I did a search for 'recording studio, nj' on Google...& my recording/mastering studio's site came right up in the top 10 listings.

I did the same thing on Yahoo...& I'm really lucky if I made PAGE 10 in the listings.

so I figured I would go to yahoo webmaster & see what I'm doing wrong...but there is no yahoo webmaster...only yahoo site explorer.

so I find the 'yahoo developer network'...but I'm not sure if it's the same type of resource...if I'm allowed to join & belong...what exactly it does...& if it has the tools I need to help me improve my site's ranking w/ yahoo search.

So...the questions are:

1) Is Yahoo Site Explorer the same type of resourse as Google Webmaster...???

2) Are there any tools available thru Yahoo to improve my ranking...???

thanks,

mark4man

Member #
    This is not completely related to your exact question but I wanted to make sure that your results in google were in fact accurate as this would make a big difference...

Anyway, did you make sure when you searched on google for the keywords that you were completely logged out of any google service such as gmail, adsense, analytics...Because if you are logged into a g-account you will most probably get inflated results with you site higher up on the rankings...

Now regarding your question on yahoo...Unfortunately I have found yahoo site explorer is the equivalent to the google webmaster (it would not be very nice if they had copied the term yahoo "webmaster" from the big-g).

Second, there are not really any "tools" that will magically help your rankings. I would concentrate more on getting some quality links back to your site. However, you can submit a urlist.txt to yahoo which is the equivalent to an xml sitemap to google webmasters.

I hope something here helped!

Member #
    you can use yahoo, by adding your site to their directory - its a good pr but it costs money :/

Member #
    Yes, Yahoo Site Explorer is their counterpart to Google's Webmaster Tools.

Of course, it has different tools and different info but some of it is common. Like telling you how many backlinks you currently have, submitting sitemaps, what queries you're showing up in, etc.
    Win.ly: A scientific/statistical approach to win prizes online.

Remove Ads