Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi Guys,

After a long hiatus from full time web design, I'm trying to work my way back.

I recently picked up a couple of clients, one of them put emphasis on Search Engine Optimization. Knowing that my knowledge of SEO is a bit dated, I turned to Dr. Google, but SEO searches turn up a lot of companies offering SEO but a very few teaching it.

So, I was wondering if someone here can offer some SEO 101. Something like this, perhap, but a bit up dated.

Any help you could lend, any suggestions you could offer would be appreciated.

There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    Theres an ebook I've read parts of called "Google SEO secrets" by Dan Sission. Seems decent enough, but have't had a huge read of it. Hope this helps somewhat.

Member #
    Have you subscribed newsletters? or reading any kind of news on any website? It would be better if you read more from there as of you know how to work on SEO and you just need updated things over SEO.

jj1
    Member #
    See my post in this thread http://www.webdesignforums.net/searc...seo_35479.html
    Also try a few seo-focused forums such as digital point (good for link building sources but take some comments with a pinch of salt) or seoers. Possibly put your site up for seo review in these forums - but be aware that some people will write ill-thought-out reviews just to get a backlink.
    Also, do warn the client that new sites often do not do well in Google - new sites for my local town (little seo competition) often start life half way down p1 underneath less optimised sites but then rise up within 3-5 months to the top 1 or 2 places; sites targetting more competitive keywords may have to wait 7-9 months to compete well, possibly even 12 months. I had one site on p7 for 7 months and then suddenly it rose to p1 with no intervention from me.

Member #
    wow, there must be a hundred forums out there discussing seo. The main bit are - keywords, content, on page seo (titles, content, description, h1,h1,h3) , backlinks, article submission. oh and site age

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Use search engine journal site

Member #
    thnx for all yout tips and suggestions

Banned
    Member #
    Do keywords researching first, On page, then off page to get better seo results for your site.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    ​off page seo doesn't exist.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have a suggestion - what if we just edited every mention of off-page SEO by putting a little picture of a leprechaun lepsmilie.gif or a unicorn unicornsmiley.gif there instead?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads