Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H2 tags

Member #
    Hi guys,

I have just gone live with a new site brighton driving school . Do you knowif Google takes into account H2 tags or is it just H1?

Member #
    I think they look at both, but I doubt that they are highly important.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Actually H1 headers and H2 headers are important. More important than keyword density in your content. The H1 headers and H2 headers tell the algorithm what your site is about and is important when you are doing back links and your are trying to target those keywords.

So yes H2 headers are important and should be used strategically.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The <h1> to <h6> tags are used to define HTML headings.<h1> defines the most important heading. <h6> defines the least important heading.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, The Department of Redundancy Department holds the trademark on "on-page SEO".

Second, that's your one warning about link drops.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    It is one of the second most important tag for content point of view in on page optimization. It makes your text highlighted which in turns attract visitors and increase your SERP.

Member #
    h1 h2 and h3 tags, h2 are used most, only one h1 per page!!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Really, Nate the Great? I love your location, by the way...it's very specific. And I can't help but feel I've seen that address somewhere before. Now where was it? Hmmm...I wonder.

Oh yeah...here...and here...and here...and I'm sure a few other places.

Now, because I know you'll probably ignore this, I'm going to give you 24 hours to explain this astonishing coincidence and explain why your "American" address happens to match that of three allegedly different companies and why your IP address is an Indian IP address. Come on, Nate...don't let me down, man.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    H1 can only be used once - and is very important, i use my main keyword on the H1, H2 is where i usually will add my main keyword again with the area included - H2 can be used as many times as you like! H3 is also looked at by search engines, though not as important and used to "sub" categorize your info or keywords - I don't spend much time with H3, and its ok to use H3 multiple times. Don't forget on a blog post the H1 is automatically added on Wordpress, so never use H1 on a Wordpress blog post or you will end up with 2 H1's and get a penalty! My 2 cents

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bettis007 View Post
    H1 can only be used once - and is very important, i use my main keyword on the H1, H2 is where i usually will add my main keyword again with the area included - H2 can be used as many times as you like! H3 is also looked at by search engines, though not as important and used to "sub" categorize your info or keywords - I don't spend much time with H3, and its ok to use H3 multiple times.....................
    Bettis... you do know you've already posted earlier on the thread and everyone else has already said pretty much what you just said...

Oh wait... you were too busy post count inflating so you can get your signature...

Oh wait... you do KNOW these are NOFOLLOW forums ? don't you ? meaning no back link value ? right ?

the only value a link in your signature carries here... is if you provide USEFUL information so someone finds value in your post and might click on the links.

Let's see... delete all the 1 line useless comments you've posted... and you have 2 count em 2 post that actually had something someone might find useful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads