Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Hi - I know that Metatags are not as important as they used to be for SEO, but I still use them, on the theory that it's better to have 'em and not need 'em, than to need 'em and not have 'em.

I've searched these forums for anything related to Metatags, but the most recent post I can find is from 2006 - so...

Can anyone give me any info about what is the current best way to use them - e.g.

• max length for the various tags
    • is there an order in which they should appear in the <head> (like do keywords come before or after description?)
    • are there any that could actually work against the site
    • what can anyone tell me about "Long Tail" keywords
    • any other advice you have to offer

I know there must be others out there besides me who still use these things - but I need to get up-to-date, so any help will be very welcome.

Thanks,
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    hey..there are certain limitations for meta tags like title should contain 70 characters, keywords should be of 120 characters and a perfect description should contain 160 characters. There is no perfect order for these tags. Keywords are not important for Google as Google crawls only title and description tags. It is important not to take the long tail keywords.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    this is by far the best Meta Tag Analyzer i have found. also meta tags are still very used by google, facebook, myspace ect.... for owner verification and other things like the fb share button for what to display as shared on fb including images other then what is on the page.
    m3n0tu18 and Virtue Info like this.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Thanks, Dorky

I will check out that link.

Johnmac
    Keywords are not important for Google as Google crawls only title and description tags. It is important not to take the long tail keywords.
    I disagree with you.

With long-tail keywords, if chosen carefully, there is less competition so you can rank on the first page of Google for long tail keywords far easier than ranking for short tail keywords.

Another benefit of long tail keywords is that visitors convert very well to sales. The visitors searching for long tail keywords know exactly what they want, be it ‘discount whirling widgets ’ or ‘Small Business Web Design Soulanges’, they know exactly what they want and if you can provide it to them, they will buy.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

jj1
    Member #
    I don't think the order of metatags is important. For title tag, each engine has its own rules and - I believe - the more words you use the less impact each one has.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    it's actually the recurrence of words that gives you keyword strength.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Banned
    Member #
    major search engine are not given important for meta keyword concentrate on title and desc...

Member #
    If we use all in one SEO plugin on Wordprees, there has been written should be how many characters for the title and description. Title 60 characters and descriptions of 160 characters. If too long, on search engines like Google, not all papers can appear. Some sentences will be truncated. Long tail keywords do not matter, can be written as well.

Member #
    Meta tag are one of the most important tags to work with as these tag goes with the best seo technical way of marketing your way .You could also go with the best online meta tag generator , which can guide you with the best meta tag your website must have .
    < please read the forum rules before creating a signature >

Member #
    Meta Tags are in fact heart of On Page Optimization. Title tag plays very important role among all of three. Before preparing meta tags keyword research is must and should be done keeping the scope of website and market area into consideration. Competitor analysis also plays a vital role in taking decision regarding meta creation. A well written meta can very well help you to stay ahead of your competitor in major search engine like Google.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads