Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This is a nofollow forum, so the links in the signatures are not actually backlinks at all.

I know I have links in my signature because as a designer and a member of this community, I post opinions based on my experience and knowledge.

My live signature allows anyone who wants to check out my work to be able to do so, and to judge for themselves if the quality of my work backs up what I have to say.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    What Mare said. On top of that, signatures are only available for those who are logged in, and Googlebot does not have an "account".

And if I'm so confused, please explain to me how I'm confused and back up what you're saying with something other than the generic statements the Internet marketing community makes. Are you saying these things based on your experiences? Have you actually seen these benefits and can you track them? Or are you just repeating what others have told you to repeat and are resorting to automatic gainsaying because you either can't understand or can't handle the logic presented to you?

Look at it this way...you will probably never fully understand what I'm talking about until you build a site and see traffic to it from sources you never knew existed, from private intranets (IBM has a huge one that way, for example), from web-based email clients such as Live and Yahoo!, and from other sources that have no possible "SEO benefit". Until you build a site that's worth linking to, and those types of traffic sources come along, you will never...and I mean ever...truly understand this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    yes it always work for me...higher traffic and more hot leads and IBM is a established brand they don't need any recognition and most of us know that viral marketing (email marketing) is very very beneficial for promotion.
    and if it is no-follow blog and u r not getting any benefit thn remove it frm ur post add it in ur bio, profile any where....but you have added it to ur sitgnature so tht others follow ur link that is why people prefer forum for promoting their site there you can easily find targeted market...and it will increase ur traffic
    and what would u call this ur link at the bottom of ur post and a hit by some visitor..though frm search engine point of view it is null but for a SEO professional this .....and here also search engine is playing passive role when a searcher search smthing related to your theme he is diverted towards forum where he can find your link
    directly or indirectly each backlink counts

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I wasn't talking about sending traffic to IBM. I was talking about receiving traffic from IBM and their private intranet...as in thousands of IBM employees visiting a site I built from a referral link that cannot be reached from outside the IBM network. Do that, and you've done something.

I can't even begin to figure out what you're talking about as far as the rest of it goes. Please reword it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    If someone's clicking on a link on a sig, you're past the SEO stuff. You're past the search engine and dealing with marketing.

Personally I skip the whole SEO crap (yeah, I said it, deal with it ). I TALK TO PEOPLE. If I think they may be interested in a site based upon the conversation, I TELL THEM ABOUT IT.

TheGAME1264 likes this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads