Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Traditional marketing strategies means that “banner and text link advertisements, Forums, Tutorial Videos, etc” … these methods all we know since a long time which are still effective to promote website's products and services. But these days social media is a very effective medium to find out our potential customers very quickly. Due to this reason I said “combination of new & traditional methods can bring up a very attractive results”.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Actually, and I'm going to get a whole lot of flak for saying this, social media is the proverbial turd in the punch bowl when it comes to marketing. The sites that people taut (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and all the associated knockoffs and clones) were never designed with the marketer in mind...they were designed for people to talk to each other. That's it, that's all. It's just that the IMC (Internet Marketing Community...my abbreviation) attempted to morph them into something they weren't and somehow turned the whole thing into a bizarre variant of a pyramid scam...sorry, they call that "networking" and "engaging". People aren't there to be sold to for the most part...they're there to talk to others.

They generally don't convert well, either. They're a lot like StumbleUpon that way...you might catch lightning in a bottle and get a whole bunch of visitors in a short time period, but that group of visitors just isn't going to stick around or perform the actions you want them to.

The people "social media marketing" works the best for are the ones who are "in the industry" and spend all day talking to other people in the industry under the guise of "marketing" and on the dime of Rich Uncle (usually) Corporate Sucker.
    BODHost likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    So who's gonna give you a bunch of flak ? Oh wait.. Maybe the koolaid drinkers...

But you nailed it.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe, post: 230581
    Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean to tell me that good content coupled with smart website design will convince people to become clients? The SEO ninjas have been doing me wrong... The chicks with the armpit hair have been lying to me...
    THE SEO NINJAS ARE NEVER WRONG!

We must never question the SEO ninjas.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 230597
    So who's gonna give you a bunch of flak ? Oh wait.. Maybe the koolaid drinkers...

But you nailed it.
    * gulp * Engagement * gulp * community * gulp * digital media * gulp * what did you say?
    Ronald Roe likes this.

Member #
    allintitle search into goggle with you keyword will throw back who's going for the keywords

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Remove Ads