Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone, my name is Leon from Australia. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with Backlinks? How many would I need to conquer a local search term which is googled 328 times per month and I have the keyword fully included in my domain. And no-one has bought many domains with the search term included, so any insight?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Wiseman, post: 219654
    I have this website design agency running and I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough calcultion of how many backlinks I need in order to get this site first page of google.
    This is the review forum. There is a forum for SEO questions - you should post this there.
    But even so, it is an unanswerable question.

Getting on the first page of Google depends on way more than how many backlinks you have. With Google's Panda update, which is continually being updated, the importance of backlinks dropped considerably. They still count somewhat but are certainly far down on the list of what can get a site moved up in the listings. Backlinks and other such offsite tactics are too easily manipulated. This fact is being recognized by Google among others, and the emphasis is being put more and more on aggregated human input.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 219658
    This is the review forum. There is a forum for SEO questions - you should post this there.
    But even so, it is an unanswerable question.

Getting on the first page of Google depends on way more than how many backlinks you have. With Google's Panda update, which is continually being updated, the importance of backlinks dropped considerably. They still count somewhat but are certainly far down on the list of what can get a site moved up in the listings. Backlinks and other such offsite tactics are too easily manipulated. This fact is being recognized by Google among others, and the emphasis is being put more and more on aggregated human input.
    Thank you so much for your help, with that being said, have you any insight in which can help me rank my website? apart from backlinks, what else are ways around the panda update?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hello, Leon from Australia. If it's only 328 searches a month, there shouldn't be much competition. You should be #1 within a few months with little work.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Wiseman, post: 219659
    Thank you so much for your help, with that being said, have you any insight in which can help me rank my website? apart from backlinks, what else are ways around the panda update?
    You're asking the wrong question - you sound like you're trying to scam Google somehow - "easy ways around the Panda update". I am not sure this is what you mean.

I will tell you that there is no single easy formula for getting listed high in the search engines - properly done, SEO is integrated into a site from the design concept onwards, and takes time and effort.

Again, I suggest you take this discussion to the SEO forum.
    Leon Wiseman likes this.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You're asking for something that doesn't have a valid answer.

The way you get to #1 - is have good relevant content for they keywords or phrase you are targeting. Sure backlinks are going to help, but only if they are from relevant sources.

The way the question was posed, suspiciously sounds like you're planning on spamming or link exchanges , both of which could actually hurt your rankings. Good backlinks take time to build. If search engines see... Let's say 0 backlinks this month, 500 next month, then 3000 the following month, your domain will get flagged.

Then it's up to an individual to review the links, which could take weeks or even months... If they find your links on blogs that have no relevance to you site, you'll get sandboxed and potentially have to start all over again.

Build your backlinks with relevance in mind, and have really good content.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Multiple threads merged and moved to the correct forum.
    AlphaMare and Leon Wiseman like this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 219674
    Multiple threads merged and moved to the correct forum.
    Thanks.
    Leon Wiseman likes this.

Member #
    Yeah, sorry guys for the confusion. Thanks for all you help I should have been less blunt about saying 'easy ways around the panda update" Thats not something which can easily be taken advantage of obviously but, what steps do you think I should take from here on. so far Ive bought my domain with keyword into it, designed the website (flash content, I know its harder to rank with Flash, but since the searches per month are low, I might as well make my site look good) Also, since its Flash, on - page SEO is very limited. All my options are now using off page SEO.

This is where I'm stuck, this is my first website and I my knowledge about off page as SEO, as you can tell is very limited. Can someone give me an example of their off page SEO? or tactics which might he me? Im very sorry to sound demanding, but website designing and SEO is so fun and I cant wait to continue.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley, post: 219660
    Hello, Leon from Australia. If it's only 328 searches a month, there shouldn't be much competition. You should be #1 within a few months with little work.
    Can you emphasize this Answer if possible. Thank You for posting too, helps me out

Remove Ads