Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help needed to increase web traffic

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi All,

Seeking help from experts out here.

I am finishing my website a niche dating website and was wondering now how to increase web traffic to the website, any ideas will be useful.

Thanks
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Advertise on facebook to get best results.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    To sign up for several of the on-line pr sites that allow users to post "press releases"...

Craft a cleverly written press release extolling what makes you site different than all the others out there...

Consider a google ad words campaign... Although I understand that industry is pretty saturated... It doesn't cost anything to do the research and get some info.

Facebook may be good... But you kinda need to build a base of users before any of the big names are going to take notice... Hopefully the keywords you have been focusing on will gradually start moving up the indexes as time goes on... Organic traffic is the best as it cost you nothing... And if people find your site without advertising... You've accomplished something a lot of sites never do.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey123, post: 233818
    Hi All,

I am finishing my website a niche dating website and was wondering now how to increase web traffic to the website, any ideas will be useful.

Thanks
    You try SNS website. such as facebook, twitter, google+

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashish Thakkar, post: 233866
    Advertising on Facebook is insanely expensive. If you're going to advertise anywhere, try Kijiji.

Member #
    Liked
    2782 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashish Thakkar, post: 233866
    Oh HELLLL no!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinfh2, post: 235084
    Advertising on Facebook is insanely expensive. If you're going to advertise anywhere, try Kijiji.
    It's not expensive if you go the CPM route and set your target demographics relatively loosely (say for example all users in the city of Toronto). I've gotten ads this way for around $0.20-$0.30 CPM, which sounds on the surface like it's a better deal than the $2.00 / $3.00 CPC rates.

The problem is that the VAST majority of users don't even know Facebook has ads. They're in a "banner blind" area of the site (usually right column toward the bottom...right column isn't a TERRIBLE spot for ads, but to be effective they need to be at the top, not the bottom), and a lot of people that do know of them actually tune them out because of the somewhat intrusive nature of the "target marketing" of them. When I was engaged, I'd see an ad at least 3-4 times a day for some wedding service or another, and whenever I post about my daughter, there's Huggies to remind me that they're around (like the four cases of diapers in the closet isn't enough).

In other words, they're not so much expensive as they are horribly ineffective.
    reflex84 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So do you recommend advertising on Facebook or not?

Member #
    Liked
    2782 times
    No, I do not.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey123, post: 233818
    Hi All,

Thanks
    You will need capital to move forward. Think about a plan on how to make the site popular with a mix of SEO, social marketing and even real life marketing. Talk to people about the site and get he excitement up.

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    I work on a congressional candidate campaign and since we started running a Facebook Ad our numbers have doubled for the time the ad ran. We went from averaging 100 new visitors a week to 350 for the week the ad ran, also 250 total visits to over 500 and 400 avg. unique page views to 860. So I think it can be effective but at what cost. I think we had a money cap on this ad so after the first week the ad no longer runs but I guess while it did run it did it's job.

I agree with theGame, the ad locations being in the wrong spot. I also use chrome and have ad remover on so I never see them anyways. If you do run an ad you need to make sure you have something that people want or your ad will be pointless.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads