Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where do YOU go for SEO tips?

Member #
    Simply I will go through google and search for new SEO tips.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Really? And how do you know which "tips" are good and which ones are absolute garbage?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    There are many SEO expert website which don't paste a garbage. Only trust those websites like Seomoz and searchenginejournal.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Are you serious? Are you F**KING SERIOUS?

First of all, your statement doesn't make any sense. If there are "many SEO expert website" and you list two, then what the hell do you need Google for in the first place? You don't. You just bookmark and go to those "expert SEO websites" and you get all the information you need there. So that's just idiotic.

Second, Moz s one of the biggest parrots of bad information out there. Take this piece of garbage from this page for example:

By examining the backlinks of a website that already ranks well for your targeted keyword phrase, you gain valuable intelligence about the links that help them achieve this ranking.
    There is no tool, repeat, no tool, a third time, no tool anywhere that will reveal conclusively what does or doesn't help your competitors. To even suggest such a tool exists is asinine, since

1) it doesn't reveal traffic-generating links that have no search impact whatsoever;
    2) there is no way to conclusively determine if a link has any positive search engine benefit, although there are ways to determine if a link has no positive search benefit (e.g. the nofollow attribute), and;
    3) none of the tools that exist reveal all of the links pertaining to a particular page that a search engine knows about, never mind whether or not they have value. The only tools that exist for this are provided by the engines themselves, and they're not released to competitors for obvious reasons.

This is right out of the Moz "Beginners Guide to SEO". If they can't even get this right, then everything else they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

What you also need to remember about Moz is that their goal is to get you to buy into whatever tools they have to offer. Most "SEO tools" are junk science tools and reveal absolutely nothing of value, haven't in several years, and aren't ever going to. They're usually based off of ridiculous pseudo-theories and things that sound like they could make sense until a fifth-grade level of critical thinking is applied to them.

Search Engine Journal: publishes "articles" from "authors" that refer to "on-site SEO", as if "off-site SEO" exists. It doesn't, and the proof that it doesn't is incredibly simple. But hey, let's keep the myth alive. And of course, the requisite BS about link building and "competitor analysis" is there. I could go on all day about what else is flawed on this site, but these two things alone should suffice.

So your examples are typical SEO garbage, but because they're "big brands" in SEO, we're supposed to listen to them. There isn't a sane, logical reason to do so as most of it is drivel, but that never stops the "SEO community" from following it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    See above for Moz.

mattcutts.com isn't really an SEO blog as such, but a personal blog that happens to touch on search-related topics.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Search engine journal is very good site to read about SEO.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I go for the best SEO blogs and article always. I follow SEO blogs like seo journal, seo roundtable for any confusion or for any update regarding SEO.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm confused here ... There are so many sites which are updating every seconed and every one have their own stratgy. Bro... TheGAME1264 will you tell me your favrt blog or site for SEO tips...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Haven't got one, nor would I ever have one. If I'm reading and doing what everyone else is doing, that makes me a mindless drone. I might borrow something here and there from certain sites; I very rarely find myself doing that, however, because most sites are absolute junk.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Then from where you get all these informations...????

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Remove Ads