Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is the best strategies of link building in 2013 ?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hello All,

What is the best strategies of link building in 2013 so that we can get higher ranking and traffic.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Building something worth linking to and earning organic links from places you'd never expect them because your content is actually of some use. That's the best strategy for 2013, 2014, 2015, and let's just go ahead and save some time and extend it to 3013, 3014, 3015 and beyond.

Now, if you're looking for some brainless SEO forum commenting or social media advice, sorry to disappoint (although I'm sure some idiot will come along and leave such advice within the next 24 hours). But "link building" is not really something you should waste your time on these days, with the exception of perhaps asking people in your industry to link to your site if it's useful to their visitors (e.g. if you're a retailer, you can ask a manufacturer to link to your site because you sell that manufacturer's product).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thansk for advices

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Thoughtful manual blog commenting still works pretty well. Matt Cutts (from Google), has a blog with great content and some of the post pages have very decent PageRank.

Here's an example of such a post: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-ad...onicalization/

Member #
    adding good content to your website and being active in social media. Avoid any tactics that are considered harmful by search engines.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 246541
    Building something worth linking to and earning organic links from places you'd never expect them because your content is actually of some use. That's the best strategy for 2013, 2014, 2015, and let's just go ahead and save some time and extend it to 3013, 3014, 3015 and beyond.

Now, if you're looking for some brainless SEO forum commenting or social media advice, sorry to disappoint (although I'm sure some idiot will come along and leave such advice within the next 24 hours). But "link building" is not really something you should waste your time on these days, with the exception of perhaps asking people in your industry to link to your site if it's useful to their visitors (e.g. if you're a retailer, you can ask a manufacturer to link to your site because you sell that manufacturer's product).
    It takes far less than 24 hours Game.

Chasing links no longer helps your search engine rankings; in fact, it is more likely to hurt your rankings. Google is coming down hard on link spam.

Today you will be better served by building a relationship with your target market. Yeah, it takes work; that is why there is so little competition for those that do it right.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Yeah, that's true, although in this case my prediction was off. None of the usual offshore clowns gave the generic advice. I'm very disappointed in the sheeple.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks a lot again

Member #
    get a backlink from authority sites such as .gov and .edu. Update your site regularly with rich content. And make your website visible to social media's.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by obertj21, post: 248235
    get a backlink from authority sites such as .gov and .edu. Update your site regularly with rich content. And make your website visible to social media's.
    Oh Jeez... Where are you getting this stuff from ?

What is meant as an AUTHORITY site, is "authority on the subject matter or in context", so, please inform where there is a .gov or .edu authority on hotels, car sales, jewelry, shopping ?

Most .gov sites are blocked by most search engines and HISTORICALLY they have never played any part of ranking. Many .edu sites are portal sites where 99% of their content means its protected from search engines. So the thing they are an authority on are themselves.

Unless of course you are a government grant funding site for colleges.

The only accurate part of your post is about updating content regularly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads