Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SEO Auditing

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Important factors which you consider the most .

Member #
    kindly elobarate your question.....give a little detail in your question

Member #
    So, you want to know about SEO Auditing. For which type of site you want to know about SEO audit. For example: - E-commerce or service based.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Auditing of anything requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of which you plan to audit.

SEO auditing, is:

1. Knowing and understanding how a "search engine" works and interacts with a site and its different components ( not just content ).

2. Knowing "best practices" in the SEO industry and how search engines react to these processes in relation to how the site is indexed.

Many SEO wannabes are using the term "SEO Auditing" as a buzzword to get their foot in the door with clients, but they have no clue what it really is or how to do it properly, because as we all know, there is so much mis-information about SEO "none of which actually have anything to so with how a search engine actually works".

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Jason: it's a dead thread. Please don't bump dead threads.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    In SEO Audit, you must discuss the keywords to be use through keyword research, analysis and implementation, analyze the websites URL structures, the redirection (301) because if its not redirect it is considered as duplicate content, etc...

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    9Dotstrategies...how would you answer WZ's previous comment?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 251816, member: 428
    9Dotstrategies...how would you answer WZ's previous comment?
    He is correct. It requires in-depth knowledge. I just discussed some important factors when doing the audit. Every SEOs have different ways of auditing a website. If you are a real seo not a wannabes you will discuss to your client the real SEO audit just like links below.

Sample links below on how to to do the comprehensive way when auditing a website.

http://www.thedailyanchor.com/2009/08/24/seo-audit/
    http://www.quicksprout.com/2013/02/0...late-included/

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'm going to leave this to WZ.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    typical... throw a bunch of buzzwords out there and hope something sticks...

SEO Auditing is just a new buzzword for what the "SEO Guru wannabes"... are now trying to hawk as a legitimate service.

Yes, I looked at both links and they are about as generic as every other "list" of what should be done and considered and "designed in"... so if it's part of the "planning and build out" process, there is no need to do most of it as an "added" service.

SEO = "Search Engine" Optimization, or in short, make sure your site is built to "accommodate" and encourage "search engines" to crawl the site, and do nothing that will impede or confuse a crawler.

So how do you do that WITHOUT knowing how a "Search Engine" interacts with a site ?

You can:

1. Listen to the "theories" being tossed about.(NOT)
    2. Spend tons of time reading SEO blogs (NOT)
    3. Spend tons of time reading "search engineers" blogs (be careful with these )
    4. Spend hours pouring over "log files" from different types and market sites.(recommended)
    5. Build a search engine crawler / indexer / DB backend / categorizer / ranking algorithms.(Highly Recommended)
    6. Attend Search Industry Conferences to hear the trends in "search". (Highly Recommended)

Ask anyone wanting to provide an "SEO Audit" for you:

1. How Many an what type of request will a "crawler" make on your site.
    2. How Many and what type of request will a "crawler" make on a "PAGE" ?
    3. When a "HEAD" request is made on a page, what is the crawler looking for ?
    4. Provide a list of "crawlers" and what they are indexing.

I'm not going to post the answers here for obvious reasons, but if anyone is really interested or doesn't already know those answers, send me a PM. All I ask is that you explain to me why you want to know this stuff. if your explanation is believable, I'll be glad to explain...

BTW... one of the questions above is a trick question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads