Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bounce rate solution

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What actions you take in order to optimize your site to decrease bounce rates .

Bounce rate can be defined as the percentage of visitors who only views a single page of your website before leaving the site .

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, bounce rate, one of the most misunderstood statistics on the Internet.

First of all, bounce rate has a generalist stigma associated with it that doesn't apply to a large percentage of websites. Take a directory site for example...and just because it's easy and convenient, take my bowling alley site. It lists bowling alleys throughout most of North America. People come onto it via search, find the address/phone number/website they're looking for, and either call the number, visit the alley, visit the website, or click an ad. in any of those four cases, they're not going any further because they got what they wanted. This actually increases the bounce rate, which in this case can be a good thing...especially if option 4 comes into play more frequently. Increased ad clicks = increased bounce rate but also = more revenue. So in that case, I'll do absolutely nothing to decrease my bounce rate.

Google also gives another example in their conferences (if they put on one near you, I highly recommend that you go) of a calculator...if I remember correctly, it's a BMI calculator. User comes on, does the calculation, gets the required result, and leaves. Good user experience, higher bounce rate. That's okay.

Now, if it's a site that isn't converting or doing what you want it to do, and it's a sales site or something, then you need to look at things like layout, copy, structure, navigation, how you're found in search, and a whole bunch of other things. There won't be a universal answer because the answer will be individualized to the site and to the business.

So to answer your question, in some cases something, in some cases nothing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    It's very simple, Make your pages this much attractive that people don't leave your website after vising the first page. Fill your website with user friendly content and information.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Make sure you are giving your visitors a clear value proposition or call to action on your home page above the fold. If it is really bad, maybe you could try a pop up when someone closes the window "are you sure you want to leave, here is a 10% off coupon(or free ebook, whatever you want). This is usually not a great practice to use but it might help you pin down what your site deficiencies are.

Junior Member 360DigitalCreations's Avatar
    Member #
    Implement easy navigation for your visitors,Check the speed of your site,Be certain that you site is responsive,Get rid of spam.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Bounce rate is an Internet marketing term used in web traffic analysis. It represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site and "bounce" rather than continue viewing other pages within the same site.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...so you can copy and paste from Wikipedia. Do you even know what that means?

Go ahead...describe it in your own words. (Yeah, right...it's much easier to stick and move.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Factors that affect bounce rate

Irrelevant content
    Poor website navigation
    Excessive use of pop-up's
    Bad design

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    semaphore.v: you've posted 24 times, and every single time it has been complete drivel.

If you're not post count inflating, please respond to this within 24 hours with something that clearly indicates that you've understood and read what I just said.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    For the Congressional campaign website I ran the campaign manager was all concerned about the bounce rate and always looked at it negatively, but the way you put it Game makes me think differently about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads