Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Google Officially Updates Link Schemes Page

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

Google Officially Updates Link Schemes Page

For those of you who have not yet seen this, Google has updated its link schemes page.

https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66356?hl=en

The part that's relevant is the part I'm going to quote directly as it's something that a lot of the offshore people who post here really, really need to read. "AND I QUOTE":
    Additionally, creating links that werenít editorially placed or vouched for by the siteís owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links, can be considered a violation of our guidelines. Here are a few common examples of unnatural links that violate our guidelines:
    • Text advertisements that pass PageRank
    • Advertorials or native advertising where payment is received for articles that include links that pass PageRank
    • Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites. For example:
      There are many wedding rings on the market. If you want to have awedding, you will have to pick the best ring. You will also need to buy flowers and a wedding dress.
    • Low-quality directory or bookmark site links
    • Links embedded in widgets that are distributed across various sites, for example:
      Visitors to this page: 1,472
      car insurance

• Widely distributed links in the footers of various sites
    • Forum comments with optimized links in the post or signature, for example:
      Thanks, thatís great info!
      - Paul
      paulís pizza san diego pizza best pizza san diego
    So we have articles, forum commenting, links in widgets, footer links, "optimized anchor text", text ads, advertorials, and press releases. There are a few missing ones (e.g. blog commenting), but other than that they've made this pretty clear.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I guess google really IS seeing the problem. What are you off shore seo "experts" going to do now?
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Repeat the same ad nauseam BS they've been spouting off for the last 7-8 years until someone comes up with some new stuff that isn't true for them to repeat.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    So we have articles, forum commenting, links in widgets, footer links, "optimized anchor text", text ads, advertorials, and press releases. There are a few missing ones (e.g. blog commenting), but other than that they've made this pretty clear.
    Dude. That's pretty much their whole playbook. They might have to start writing good, human readable, relevant content.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah...THAT'LL happen.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Basically, this means that Google will not count links that you place yourself, at least not in a good way.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    For those of you who have not yet seen this, Google has updated its link schemes page.

https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66356?hl=en

The part that's relevant is the part I'm going to quote directly as it's something that a lot of the offshore people who post here really, really need to read. "AND I QUOTE":

Basically, this means that Google will not count links that you place yourself, at least not in a good way.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What do "social signals" have to do with "natural links"?

Member #
    I read many articles about this topic but honestly speaking I am not getting what Google really want to do! What should we have to do for promoting our site, SEM or other way?

For knowledge sharing, here I have mentioned another Google link schemes update, this time it is about widget link section: Google Updates Link Schemes Guidelines: Not All Widgets Links Are Bad

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Are you asking a question or making a comment?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads