Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Diffrent between No Follow and Do Follow?

Member #

Diffrent between No Follow and Do Follow?

Please discuss about No Follow and Do Follow and what is different in No follow and Do follow?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    To determine how well your site ranks in Google, Google uses the number of links other on external websites which point to your website to determine the Pagerank of your site.

When sites with a high Pagerank link to your site, this has a higher impact on your Pagerank than sites with a low Pagerank linking to your site. In other words, sites "pass on" their Pagerank through their links.

The exception to this is where a link has the attribute rel="nofollow". In this case, the site which hosts the link does not pass on its Pagerank and as a result it does not make as much of a difference on the ranking of your site.

So links which do not have rel="nofollow" (in other words "Do follow links") are much better for your site in terms of how it ranks on Google than are nofollow links.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    "nofollow" exists and is a valid attribute. "dofollow", "do follow", and "no follow" do not exist and are not valid attributes. The only practical purpose for "dofollow"/"do follow" is sheeple spotting.
    DC Web Design likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Dofollow isn't real. Nofollow is. There's really not much more to say about their "differences" beyond that.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    No-follow mean when you do not want to share or pass links from crawler to index use no-follow.
    Do-follow mean when you want to share or pass links from crawler to index use do follow

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Good timing, Andrew. It's pretty cold outside here in the Toronto area today. Can I make a sweater out of your wool?
    DC Web Design likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Weiers View Post
    No-follow mean when you do not want to share or pass links from crawler to index use no-follow.
    Do-follow mean when you want to share or pass links from crawler to index use do follow
    Andrew, I get what you're saying...but you gloss over the fact that "do follow" is just a made up term. There is no "do follow." Adding rel="dofollow" does not pass more "juice" to links. Posts like this perpetuate that myth.

I don't understand why people can't say something along the lines of "non-nofollow" when referring to links that do not have the attribute...I know that it's a double negative, but at least it's based on a real term.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The phrase "that do not include the rel='nofollow' attribute" works.

Member #
    When you create the link in your release, a "nofollow" tag is what you add its HTML code. These tags provide people with more information about your products and services, while telling search engines not to visit the site you've linked to. Make sure to add "rel="nofollow"" at the end of your hyperlink when you link to a site in your release.

Member #
    Do follow links are hyperlinks that tell the search engines to pass along their page rank to influence on outbound links. This factor affects a lot for SEO purpose. If you get more do follow links, then search engines will work out your links as back links and you have more chances to receive positive values for your site's ranking.

No follow links are exactly the opposite. These hyperlinks don't have the ability to pass on a page rank status to other websites. No follow links don't consider as crawling links from search engines and so the link associated with No follow websites won't crawl by search engines.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads