Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By p.preston

Thread: SEO for different languages

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

SEO for different languages

Hi,

I have a site that ranks well for all the English words I want it to however the company involved are now going fully international. I have created German French and Italian versions of the site (its in Magento so they are basically seperat stores) I need the site to rank for similar terms but on these differrent languages. What is the best way to do this?

I obviously now have the content in the languages but should I be focused on getting some links from other foreign sites and in the respective languages?

Does google recognise the connection between say the term 'football goals' and 'cage de foot' or does it treat them as completly seperate irrelevant terms?

Also the way the site runs all the languages are technically on the .com URL, would it be better if they were on their corresponding domain extentions? i.e. .com, .fr, .de etc?

Thanks

Member #
    Most Search engine optimizations are done in English, With respect to your case, I would apply the same methods that I used earlier with the keywords from other languages that you referred to.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The concept of SEO is same in every language. Do the SEO of non-english websites, as you do it for english websites. For example, your site is in french. Research the french keywords that best describe your website/service/product. Research the close variants, synonyms, co-occurring words, related phrases to those keywords. Pick out the best keywords that you can optimize and tailor your content according to those keywords using best ethical SEO practices. Share your content with your target audience (French people in this example) and earn links from french websites. As for your questions:

I obviously now have the content in the languages but should I be focused on getting some links from other foreign sites and in the respective languages?
    Yes, you should definitely do that, though the context of the links (topic relevancy) should be present as well. Also, all or majority of your links must be from the site that is in the respective language. E.g. if your site is in french, earn majority of your links from French language websites.

Does google recognise the connection between say the term 'football goals' and 'cage de foot' or does it treat them as completly seperate irrelevant terms?
    Yes, Google understands that. I believe "Cage de foot" means football net. Football goals and football net may be two different things and are not variants of each other, but they do co-occur often in content and documents. So, Google do understand that. Read more about Co-occurrence and Phrase-Based Indexing here: More than Keywords: 7 Concepts of Advanced On-Page SEO - Moz

Also the way the site runs all the languages are technically on the .com URL, would it be better if they were on their corresponding domain extentions? i.e. .com, .fr, .de etc?
    Not necessary, but Yes it is better. OR you can follow IGN and Wikipedia strategy and create subdomains like en.wikipdia.com or fr.wikipedia.com.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks mate, thats very usefull

Member #
    Generally in SEO English language is use but some time country wise languages are used just like united Arab Emirates national language is Arabian and the people are also use Arabian and English language. So most of the SEO company used English language.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    People often also ask if server location is important for SEO. Well, yes and no. The server should be relatively near to your target audience, however, this is not the main thing to rely on - servers placed in locations with good connectivity are often even a better choice.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by p.preston View Post
    The concept of SEO is same in every language. Do the SEO of non-english websites, as you do it for english websites. For example, your site is in french. Research the french keywords that best describe your website/service/product. Research the close variants, synonyms, co-occurring words, related phrases to those keywords. Pick out the best keywords that you can optimize and tailor your content according to those keywords using best ethical SEO practices. Share your content with your target audience (French people in this example) and earn links from french websites. As for your questions:

Yes, you should definitely do that, though the context of the links (topic relevancy) should be present as well. Also, all or majority of your links must be from the site that is in the respective language. E.g. if your site is in french, earn majority of your links from French language websites.

Yes, Google understands that. I believe "Cage de foot" means football net. Football goals and football net may be two different things and are not variants of each other, but they do co-occur often in content and documents. So, Google do understand that. Read more about Co-occurrence and Phrase-Based Indexing here: More than Keywords: 7 Concepts of Advanced On-Page SEO - Moz

Not necessary, but Yes it is better. OR you can follow IGN and Wikipedia strategy and create subdomains like en.wikipdia.com or fr.wikipedia.com.
    I agree with you, if i need to rank, then i preferred your suggestions.

Remove Ads