Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

What is the exact limit of meta description and title tags?

I'd like to learn that limitation of title amd description tags is important for website?how much important is on site in getting top research results?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    i. i is the limitation.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Title not more than 70 characters long and Meta description of 160 characters long, But I will add more than limit but would not cross 200 characters for meta tags, and 80 characters for title, Always keep the meta title and description unique.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Meta Tag
    Meta Description Tag Length: Itís not the number of words that count. Itís actually the number of characters length. Because, Google will cut off anything more than 155(roughly) characters. Optimizing for in the description and try to limit its length to 25-30 words. Also try to use no more than two sentences.

Tittle Tag
    There are no hard and fast rules regarding the length of title and meta description tags. However the recommended length of title is somewhere between 65 to 70 characters including spaces, because more than this likely to be truncated in the search results. So try to keep the title length to 65 characters including spaces for best possible rendering. You can go up to 69 characters in total, but try not to exceed this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    title should be below 70 and desc should be below 160

Member #

Most of us make mistake while preparing Title and Description by just adding keywords. We have to look for descriptive title and description always.

Coming to char limit of Title 60 and description 150.

Member #
    Its better to keep titles between 55-60 characters and descriptions should be of 150-155 characters.

Member #
    Title length is not more 70 Character and Des Length is not more than 170 Character. Both are very important method of on page optimization. Both methods will help you to get result on search engine.

Member #
    Title limits upto 60 characters and description limits upto 156 characters.

Member #
    Character length of Title and meta description are important . The limit of title tag is 67 and description is 167.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads