Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Business listings is a necessary one nowadays?

I just started SEO for my website, Submitting to business directories/listings helps increase my rankings and traffic? Does Business listings create backlinks? or it is similar like classified sites?

Member #
    Directories help your page rank when people are searching for your business by name. They have less influence on domain authority, and domain authority is what you need for generic keyword ranking. I'd be selective about where you list your site - high-quality directories provide the most boost. A high-quality directory with lower domain authority can still perform well. Check the page source to see if your website link in the business listing has a nofollow tag. Those with nofollow tags will provide less SEO benefit. Review sites (without nofollow tags) and with customer reviews give a nice boost. Google My Business with reviews really helps local business SEO, but you run the risk of the Google "fake review" algorithm accidentally filtering real reviews, especially if the reviewer is not a regular Google reviewer (same filter issue with Yelp). Total number of your client reviews and recency of the reviews make the biggest difference for any review site that you use. A big round of reviews and then silence is less effective then a slow steady drip of client reviews.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes,
    Business Listing is now a need for a business. If you are provider services in a particular area, city or a state.

Member #
    Yes business listing is very important if you are running business locally. Also if its not local you should register your website on business listing sites to get traffic to your website.

Remove Ads