Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advice on Page titles

Member #

Advice on Page titles

For better SEO when entering page titles, is it important to add the separate Link Names for each page along with the sites name, ..for example, Home, Photos, Contact etc. or is it better to just go with the main website title on each page ...for example ..."Johns website" ...throughout all the pages!

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Each page should have its own unique title, normally with the page's keyword included. As for the rest I am not sure exactly what you are asking.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for your help! ...You say each page should have it's own unique title! I read the same advice on seo websites ... but I have an artist website, and on each page are links to 7 different pages such as Home, Paintings, Contact, etc. The only way to make them unique that I can see, would be to, Use the websites name on each page along with the links name like Paintings page, or contact page, ..whichever one corresponds! is this what is meant by a unique title?
    Last edited by OnTheCoast; Mar 29th, 2015 at 09:09 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheCoast View Post
    Thanks for your help! ...You say each page should have it's own unique title! I read the same advice on seo websites ... but I have an artist website, and on each page are links to 7 different pages such as Home, Paintings, Contact, etc. The only way to make them unique that I can see, would be to, Use the websites name on each page along with the links name like Paintings page, or contact page, ..whichever one corresponds! is this what is meant by a unique title?
    No, links are not your page title. Apparently you are asking about something other than page titles. Your page title does not even appear on your page, it appears on your browser above your page, usually on the browser's tab.

It seems like you may be asking about navigation options.
    Last edited by delstu; Mar 29th, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Page titles I always keep them the same as the websites name and add home and about so the title stays relevant with what the website is about. For instances I made a website for Mastershandsministries.org and I made the Home page TITLE: Master's Hands Ministries - Haiti Outreach, About page: About Master's Hands Ministries - Haiti Outreach and the Sponsor a Child page: Master's Hands Ministries Sponsor a Child - Haiti Outreach

Then I use the Meta Keywords as a way to be a little more unique on each page.

Member #
    Thank You! I think we are all talking about the same thing! ...but I may not have been explaining it properly! ...I have fixed all of the pages with their own title, and I think everything is OK now! ...if you would like to see the site it's at johnstenger.com and Thank You Guys for all your help!
    Last edited by OnTheCoast; Mar 30th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    title tag for each and every page must be unique or else it will be counted as a spamming trick

Member #
    Every page should have different titles. You can use your brand name at the last of the titles of every page. It is a good practice because Title is very important part of every page. Search engine crawler understands your content from the title.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Well, On-page plays an essential role for optimizing the site.
    Each and every page need an unique title which makes better result in SERP.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Every page of your site should have a unique tag, preferably starting with a relevant keyword. Unless you have a well-recognized brand, don't include your company's name in your title tag. Keywords should be found on every page of your site and the length of a title shouldn't be longer than 60 characters. And of course you need meta descriptions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads