Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How do you preparing your strategy before 21st april

Member #

How do you preparing your strategy before 21st april

Hi,

Google is giving more preference to mobile friendly websites and declared a date to launch a new algorithm which could hit non-responsive websites so what strategy are preparing to combat with it.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Why would you try to combat that?

1) Trying to "combat" or trick google is just plain stupid and fruitless
    2) Responsive is good and its good that google is trying to drive people to it.
    3) Why resist change that will benefit the web in the grand scheme of things?
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Im not going to combat it at all.. Im going to reap the benefits of taking the time to included Responsiveness from the beginning of coding.

Like Andrew said.. Why combat it? Its not like you will win! Sorry to sound condescending but Google and its Employees are smarter than you.. If you find a loophole now it will only be closed with time.. Why fight an losing battle? Especially if you are fighting against a good thing.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This is SEO wannabe thinking at its finest, guys. Rather than plan and think ahead and play a long game, SEOs have a tendency to wait until Google announces or does something and (usually over)react. "OMG! Google said they were going to change the algorithm! Let's ask a generic question and hope one of the thousand generic answers we get contains that one useful golden nugget of information we need to keep up with the latest changes!" They never acknowledge that Google is an evolutionary organization and that as such, algorithm changes are constant and most are never announced or even noticed.

You guys have it figured out. The OP doesn't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Well another update not a big deal. I would suggest for new site, to use blog templates for sites on blogger or wordpress, than it will be their business to figure how to be mobile friendly

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Dont combat, embrace it. Although I dont always agree with what Google pushes, getting more designers to focus on responsive design is a great thing!
    Vapr_Arts and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So most of the non responsive website going to affect badly after this update? So everyone has to learn responsive design methods, media queries and responsive design plugins to build responsive websites.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushanth View Post
    So most of the non responsive website going to affect badly after this update? So everyone has to learn responsive design methods, media queries and responsive design plugins to build responsive websites.
    Even after the update i doubt sites without a responsive design will be affected immediately but yes this update will ultimately require everyone who is in the industry to learn how to use these techniques and resources.

Its interesting to me to see people scramble to meet the requirements of the update from google when it would have been so much easier and beneficial to your clients to learn it before google made it a standard.

TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's typical of SEO in general, Vapr_Arts.

Step 1: look for shortest path possible to #1 ranking.
    Step 2: study updates obsessively.
    Step 3: panic over each individual update.
    Step 4: blame Google for negatively affecting the lives of SEOs. It helps to say that Google cost you 90% of your business and that you had to fire all of your employees and that your family lives out of a cardboard box under a bridge and eats cans of baked beans heated over burning car tires, which serve the dual purpose of being your family's nighttime furnace.
    Step 5: retrofit a solution that "restores" your ranking.
    Step 6: repeat Steps 2-5 until you suffer a heart attack by the time you're 30.

Planning for the long term is not in the typical SEO playbook. It's all about the quick fix.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    That's typical of SEO in general, Vapr_Arts.

Step 1: look for shortest path possible to #1 ranking.
    Step 2: study updates obsessively.
    Step 3: panic over each individual update.
    Step 4: blame Google for negatively affecting the lives of SEOs. It helps to say that Google cost you 90% of your business and that you had to fire all of your employees and that your family lives out of a cardboard box under a bridge and eats cans of baked beans heated over burning car tires, which serve the dual purpose of being your family's nighttime furnace.
    Step 5: retrofit a solution that "restores" your ranking.
    Step 6: repeat Steps 2-5 until you suffer a heart attack by the time you're 30.

Planning for the long term is not in the typical SEO playbook. It's all about the quick fix.
    I guess I have always known this but man this thread just brought it clear out into the open. Its a pitty and a blessing for us that try and keep up with these sorts of things.

TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads