Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Getting Google to index products

Hi all this is my first post and just registered with the forum, I really need some help here.
    I have set up a new website called www.badgerandbowl.com this is an Opencart store and all is working fine except my site is not being indexed with the products I have on store.

In opencart I have done all the SEO information that it askes, through Google webmaster tools all seems ok with no errors, I created the xml site map and submitted it to Google and again that’s seems to be fine although the index status in webmaster tools only say one is total indexed.

If I type into Google site:www.badgerandbowl.com to see if all my products are indexed I only see the main home link www.badgerandbowl.com

I'm not sure what else to do as I need my products to be indexed, I thought I had done everything pos like meta tags, description, title, sitemap, Google analytics code stuff like that but it's over a week now and no change.

Pleas can you advise, I also visited a few sites to see if the site was indexed only to find it's not.

Kind regards Mervyn
    brushmaker
    Last edited by brushmaker; May 11th, 2015 at 04:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Google states they have 161 pages indexed.
    Try entering "site:badgerandbowl.com" into Google's search box.
    Have you told Google whether you prefer them to use the www. or without? You need to tell Google your preference or they won't list but the one page when you enter site:www.______

I can't remember exactly where go to check the boxes at Google. Someone else here will if you cannot find it.
    Last edited by delstu; May 11th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Google states they have 161 pages indexed.
    Try entering "site:badgerandbowl.com" into Google's search box.
    Have you told Google whether you prefer them to use the www. or without? You need to tell Google your preference or they won't list but the one page when you enter site:www.______

I can't remember exactly where go to check the boxes at Google. Someone else here will if you cannot find it.
    Thanks I didn't realise that now I just need to get pushed to about 1st and 2nd page...anytips?
    thanks again guys

Mervyn
    Brushmaker

Remove Ads